• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using the Search Collection Indepent of RoboHelp

New Here ,
Sep 16, 2016 Sep 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way I can take the search index created by RoboHelp and write my own javascript to connect?  I tried to hack the filed whfform.htm & whfbody.htm but all the js includes got really confusing.  I would like to create my own simple HTML page with a search box.  Have the function on the search box get the results from the RoboHelp collection and repaint the results div.  I am using version 10.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 17, 2016 Sep 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You may want to take a look a my description of the JavaScript files and what they do: https://www.wvanweelden.eu/output-file/robohelp-9-and-earlier-webhelp  It is for RH9, but it mostly ...

You can connect to the existing JavaScript, but that's quite a pane. It's easier to search for the buildup in the JS files and fix it there.

On RH10, you can also look into Multiscreen HTML5. The JavaScript is much clearer there and you have much more control over the look and feel. You will probably need to make your own skin though, if the provided Screen Layouts are not to your liking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp