• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using UDVs across projects

Community Beginner ,
Jun 01, 2016 Jun 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a collection of over 100 projects in RoboHelp 2015. I estimate those projects would have around 25000 to 30000 entries that can be converted to variables. As quite a few of them would be common across the projects, would it be possible to create a repository of these variables in Resource Manager and selectively use them the way snippets can be used by moving them in Resource Manager and syncing up in projects?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 01, 2016 Jun 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm, I'm going to hazard a guess here and say it will either be impossible or difficult to achieve.

I say that because in RoboHelp (2015 Release) I'm able to right-click a Snippet and see the following context menu items:

tmp1.png

And in the User Defined Variables pod there are no such options offered. Additionally, I am unable to click and drag an individual UDV to the Resource Manager. I also tried with a Variable Set.

Looks like something for the Wish Form.

http://www.adobe.com/go/wish

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 03, 2016 Jul 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If anyone is interested I created a feature request for a bunch of improvements to resource manager:

Feature#4088581 - Resource manager - multiple improvements to behaviour

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp