• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Webhelp pro project content is merged with old content when it is replaced with newer version of content

New Here ,
Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Webhelp pro project content is merged with old content when it is replaced with newer version of content

webhelp pro project is copied in to licensed version of Robohelp server 10 and below are the steps followed

1) Using Robohelp studio 2015 output is generated as webhelp pro .

2) New context called testRoboContext is created and following directory structure of server/general/projects is created

3) Generated webhelp pro output content is copied in to above directory structure.

Url we used to access Project1 :

http://ipaddress:8080//testRoboContext/server?project=project1

ipaddress is ip address of robohelp server

testRoboContext is context name

project1 is projectname

4) Since content got changed , we regenerated output and copied again to the same context  to replace same project with new content

But new content is concatenated with old content instead of replacing the old content with new content.

When robohelp server is accessed using web administrator tool it does not show copied projects and Automatically merge projects option is unselected.

What could be the reason for this issue.

We are planning to move help content to production on Feb 26.

I would really appreciate your immediate help on this.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 21, 2018 Feb 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you want immediate help you need to go to Adobe Support. This is essentially a user to user forum so people help when they can.

I am not a RoboHelp Server user but if it is the same as WebHelp in this respect, old content is not deleted automatically. For WebHelp that doesn't always matter as topics no longer required would not have any links to them and even search should not find them. In the case of WebHelp Pro though, I believe (not sure) new content is merged automatically.

See if that helps you find anything that says to delete old content or not merge it.

Post back if not and I will see if I can get someone else to help.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp