• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What is the best method to follow when importing mp4 videos into RoboHelp Classic 2019 project?

New Here ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

While reading up on mp4 videos related issues in this forum, I came across 2 ways in which these can be imported into a RoboHelp project. Since Flash support will no longer be available, can one look at having mp4 videos playing from the WebHelp? What should one consider while opting for any of the 2 ways?

1. Import using Insert>Multimedia option. 

2. Import as a baggage file

I tried both these options and I can't seem to spot any major differences in the videos when viewed in the WebHelp. The only difference that I see is in the project folder and RoboHelp file.

For option 1, I see an mp4 file along with the HTML topic (where this object has been inserted). In the project folder, both the mp4 and HTML files can be seen.

For option 2, along with the baggage file we get an mp4 file after saving the RoboHelp file. In the project folder, I only get to see the mp4 file.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

Drawing from memory here as I no longer have RoboHelp in front of me to use.

As I recall, there really isn't much of a difference in the methods. Sure, you can add the file to baggage. But all that will do is ensure that it goes along for the ride into whatever output format you are using. Although, in thinking about that, it strikes ne that there is actually a benefit in working the baggage way. And it's this. When adding files to Baggage, you have full control over which folder is used. Whereas if you add using the Multimedia option, it always plops files at the root folder. And you likely have a specific folder in mind. Something like "Videos".

So if it were me, I'd opt for adding to Baggage as a first step, then just find the topic you want the file added to and click and drag it from the Project Manager to the location where you want to present the video.

Cheers... Rick  (Formerly known as RoboWizard and/or Captiv8r)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp