• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What would cause a deleted conditional build tag to continue to show up in the Project Manager?

New Here ,
Apr 02, 2019 Apr 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working in Robohelp 2017. I deleted a conditional build tag called DM_Rich_Client from the project, but the project manager still shows topics flagged with the tag. In the first image, you can see the tag's blue line over the topics, and when I hover over any of those topics, I get a condition tooltip showing DM_Rich_Client as the tag.

DM_Rich_Client isn't available in the CBT pod, and it's not available in the CBT list when I right-click a blue-lined topic and use the menus to try to remove the tag from the topic.

I checked the topic properties and the tag doesn't show in the Topic-level Tags list.

The DM_Rich_Client tag was used to flag the topics for the biggest help we generate from the project, so it would have been applies to approximately 2600 topics at the topic level. As far as I can tell, the Project Manager still shows the tag on all of those topics.

I deleted a number of tags at the same time I deleted DM_Rich_Client, but it's the tag that left a ghost in the Project Manager.

Anyone else ever encounter this? Any ideas what would cause this, or how to get rid of the tag completely?

FYI: I deleted the tag through the CBT pod by right-clicking the tag and selecting Delete from the menu.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried deleting the .cpd file? That sometimes forces a resynch of project contents. You don't have any source control in play here do you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff

Please define what you mean by source control.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are your RH projects interacting with some sort of check-in/check-out system (there's a bunch of software out there that does this - git, svn, sharepoint, robosource, etc.) so that multiple authors can work on a project at the same time. Sounds like "no" in your case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try deleting the CPD file and reopening the project.

If that doesn't help, make a copy of the project and try creating a tag

with the exact same name. Does it reject and, if not, does it correctly

show the Used In topics in the tag properties?

Peter Grainge

www.grainge.org

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deleting the CPD file and reopening the project didn't work.

I looked at the HTML for one of the topics and found the following line:

<meta name="build tags" content="DM_Rich_Client" />

In my test copy, I removed that line, saved the change, and then closed and reopened the project. That seemed to fix it.

Will removing that code line cause any other issues?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was that line in any of the other topics that had the tag applied?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All that did was remove the tag from that topic. It will still be in all

the other topics the tag was applied to. Isn't the issue the tag is applied

to lots of topics but not showing in the list of tags?

Did you try the other suggestion.

Peter Grainge

www.grainge.org

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deleting the CPD file and reopening the project didn't fix the issue. The tag were still there.

I did a "search & replace" with the option "Find in Source Code" selected. Replaced the line with a blank. When the search was done, I saved all, and then closed/reopened the project. That seemed to do the trick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are all the project files on your c:\ drive or some network location?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

c:\drive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, so much for that theory - I was thinking it might have been a rights issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've read the thread again and realised you had said the tag was deleted

deliberately. I had been thinking it was wanted and had gone AWOL. Sorry.

When you deleted the tag, RoboHelp would have asked if it should be removed

from the topics. I'm guessing you must have not selected that. Quite how it

remained showing is a mystery.

Peter Grainge

www.grainge.org

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp