• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where can I download Robohelp version 13?

Explorer ,
Feb 11, 2016 Feb 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The registered products page on my Adobe page says that we own Robohelp version 13.  Where can I download this version.  We are still using version 7, but that doesn't support Word 2010.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 11, 2016 Feb 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

There isn't a RoboHelp 13. The most recent version is RoboHelp (2015 Release) and on an "Adobe Logical" perspective, it would be RoboHelp 12. And on a purely logical perspective, it would be version 20 of the product.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 17, 2016 Feb 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would also add that you have posted in the RoboHelp for Word forum and if you are using that in your current version, it was dropped in RoboHelp 11. You will not find it in that version or RoboHelp 2015.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  You just saved me yet another frustration.  Do you know why they dropped it?  What is the ‘normal’ way to edit messages?  HTML?

Phil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There were fewer and fewer users because the HTML flavour gave better HTML code and that version has functionality that could not be added to RoboHelp for Word.

Converting your project will be quite a bit of work. One method is described on my site and recently there was a forum post describing another method where the upgrade straddled many versions of Rh. I believe that is the case for you.

I edited your post to remove your contact details. Best not added to any forum.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I couldn’t find the articles you mentioned on your web site. Can you point me in the right direction?

Phil

===============================================================================

Philip Sobolik

Wrightsoft Corporation

131 Hartwell Avenue

Lexington, MA 02421

781-862-8719 x111

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 18, 2016 Feb 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My mistake re my site. I think it was a couple of years back that I helped someone in one of the RoboHelp forums, either General or RoboHelp HTML, work through an upgrade. I thought there was a link on my site but I cannot find it. Hopefully you can by searching those forums.

Personally I would create a backup of the existing project first. I always recommend creating the backup as a zip file. That prevents you opening it accidentally and working on it before you realise it was the backup. This way you always have a clean backup that can be used to create a new clean copy of the backup time after time.

Then just go for a straight upgrade by opening the project in Rh2015. If you use Lists, you will likely hit some problems there. That is covered on my site.

Another approach would be to create a CHM from your existing version and then Reverse Engineer that, also covered on my site. You will lose tags and some other stuff but it is a free and potentially useful solution.

Alternatively Willam van Weelden's site has a script that will reverse engineer a WebHelp output. It is not free and check with Willam first that it will work on a Rh7 output.

Hope that helps.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp