• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where can I get skins for RoboHelp 2015?

Explorer ,
Oct 06, 2015 Oct 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems a lot of people think you can get robohelp skins here - https://creative.adobe.com/addons but they do not exist. Seems odd that adobe would put so much money and effort into creating Robohelp 2015 yet not supply a nice gallery of skin options. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

TOPICS
Classic

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 06, 2015 Oct 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

With the advent of Responsive HTML 5 as well as Multiscreen HTML 5, we now have three types of output that can be "skinned". So the question is to ask skins for which output?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 07, 2015 Oct 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Primarily I'd like to get some webhelp skin options but certainly the application should have galleries of skin options for the HTML5 output as well. Do you have a url for a webpage with the various skin options?

Thanx,

William

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Willam’s consolidated most of his designs in his new site (http://www.helpessentials.com/downloads) , but he still has some through his original site (http://www.wvanweelden.eu)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So in other words Adobe put zero effort into skin options for Robohelp 2015; amazingly stupid for such a smart company.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Off the shelf Skin Gallery choices have been neglected for years; I think the expectation was that between users tweaking existing skins themselves inside the software & HTML5 designers playing around with the “template” designs supplied, anyone can “roll their own” these days. Doesn’t much help those of us with limited resources to said designers though…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It certainly doesn't help things that there WAS a separate gallery on Adobe's site. But now it would seem that total focus on that site seems to be for the CC apps such as PhotoShop, InDesign and others. It's as if Adobe doesn't believe or want to acknowledge that things like RoboHelp and Captivate even exist. Let alone the fact that Adobe owns them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 15, 2015 Oct 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

RoboHelp has Gallery for both WebHelp skins and Responsive HTML5 layouts.

For WebHelp skins: Select skin in output setup pod and create new skin. It will give you the option to create skin from gallery and then you can choose any skin from plenty of skins in gallery and customize it.

skin gallery.jpg

For Responsive HTML5 layouts: Select Screen Layouts folder in output setup pod and create new responsive HTML5 and select any layout from gallery (currently there are two) and customize.

responsive gallery.jpg

I hope I am rightly answering your query.

Thanks and Regards,
Surbhi Maheshwari

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not really – those are the “factory” skins built into the product. There used to be a “skin exchange” site on Adobe.com where designers could post and trade their skins (mainly back in the days for WebHelp only, I seem to recall). There weren’t a lot of them, but it gave you some idea of what could be accomplished. Long gone now it seems…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LOL, not sure why you say there "weren't a lot". There was a fair number. According to my records, for FlashHelp, there were five but for WebHelp there were 52.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 16, 2015 Oct 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I came late to the party – I don’t seem to remember there being that many at the point I looked at them. You didn’t happen to download them, did you? Maybe we could reconstitute them in some Dropbox location for people to grab?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 16, 2015 Oct 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff

Hmmm, interesting thought.

A few years back I had created a "Skin Chooser" CHM file as part of a CD I often give to class participants. I had forgotten that I had copied all the skin files to my hard drive. I've reached out to Willam to see if he might be interested in hosting them on his new HelpEssentials web site.

Appreciate the nudge!

Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 19, 2015 Oct 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, just finished uploading a swarm of skins at RoboWizard.com

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2015 Nov 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have looked through many of the options listed above. Perhaps I am missing something, but my newest challenge is to create a more open-ended RH system, which would not include a TOC on the left side. In other words, a search bar would be at the top of the Help screen, and various topics listed below that would be linked to the system behind it. My question is: are there any skins that do not include TOC sections? I see there are horizontal and vertical options, but not ones that have other types of flexibility. Perhaps they are somewhere I have not seen yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. I've looked at William's helpessentials.com, and found one of the skins (Azure Blue) that would align with the concept I am working with. A couple of questions though:

1. Could I change the background color blue to a different, darker blue?

2. Could I replace icons with those used by my employer?

Regards,

Sharon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Sharon

The answer to your two questions is, "Yes!"

I created a short (2 1/2 min) video that walks you through this process. It was created for RoboHelp 11, but virtually the same as RoboHelp 2015 except for some new functionality.

Follow the link below:

RoboHelp 11: Responsive HTML5 Layout Editor | RoboHelp 11 Features | Adobe TV

Regarding your earlier question about showing or hiding various navigation elements like the TOC, etc., those items can be marked "true" or "false" in the Basic Settings screen shown below.

RespLayEditor.jpg

Thanks

John

John Daigle

Adobe Certified RoboHelp and Captivate Instructor

Evergreen, Colorado

www.showmethedemo.com

John Daigle
Adobe Certified RoboHelp and Captivate Instructor
Newport, Oregon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, John!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp