• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why font size is different in my CHM file?

Contributor ,
Aug 03, 2018 Aug 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using RoboHelp 2017 and dealing with the following situation: I have a help with certain topics that show different font than applied to it. I can't understand the reason because I have been using the same Styles and Formatting applied to all topics, but only some of them have this discrepancy.

I will illustrate it to make it easier to understand.

This is my list how it appears when editing my topic in RoboHelp (correct font size);

RH_001.png

However, when I generate a Microsoft HTML Help output (CHM file), this is how the same text appear:

RH_003.png

I don't know how it happens and only on some words... If the same style is applied to all sentences...

Maybe someone can help me.. I am trying to fix it. Thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Aug 03, 2018 Aug 03, 2018

RH_004.png

I have solved it \o// I unchecked this option "Optimize CHM File Size" and then generated it again. Then it worked \o/ texts are back to the same font size. Finally! I didn't understand how this parameter works... Maybe someone will understand it and can explain it better. However, it has worked. =D

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps it would be helpful if you were to right-click the topic inside the CHM file and choose to view the source code behind it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Rick! I have done it but I didn't find anything unusual in the code.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RH_004.png

I have solved it \o// I unchecked this option "Optimize CHM File Size" and then generated it again. Then it worked \o/ texts are back to the same font size. Finally! I didn't understand how this parameter works... Maybe someone will understand it and can explain it better. However, it has worked. =D

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clearly when this option is disabled (no check mark present) the resulting CHM is larger. Likely because that text is big and bold and fluffy and takes up more room! So when you enable the option in an effort to make the CHM smaller, it has to compress things so they take up less space. In this case, your nice fluffy bold text was collapsed to tiny text so it consumes less space and therefore creates a smaller CHM file.

I'm just messing with you. I don't really have a clue exactly what that option does myself. It's a bit of a mystery.

But I'm happy you got it sorted!

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 06, 2018 Aug 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

how-does-this-even-happend-one-of-lifes-great-mysteries-2909005.png

Another mystery, just like that...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp