• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why have all the fonts disappeared from the drop-down list in RoboHelp 11

Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2017 Feb 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of a sudden, there are no fonts available from the drop-down list on the toolbar; just Times New Roman is available.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What point version of RH? What changes have been made to your machine? Can you see other installed fonts in other applications?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have seen this happen very occasionally. Just close and reopen the project. It should all be OK again.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter, I just tried that and it’s still the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, that's the current point version for RH11; is it happening with all projects or just one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's only happening with that project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, try renaming or deleting the .cpd file for the project (while RH is closed), then reopen the project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will give that a try, and let you know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, that didn't help. Maybe I should just create a new project and then copy all of the files, except for the .cpd file, into the new folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not that simple as you have to import the topics folder by folder and

there's no guarantee that will fix it.

Are the topics looking correct? You say you can see the fonts in Word. How

are you using Word in this connection?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was only using Word to see if the font list displayed there, which it does. So far, my idea seems to be working. I created a new Project and did the import, then I created a new Table of contents and copied the existing one into the project, and the font list displays. Now I’ll do the same thing with the Index, compile and see what happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like it worked to me. Somehow the project must have become corrupted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it happens again, perhaps try copying the rhfontset.apj file from a working project. It's possible it was just this file that was corrupted, and copying a new one in will fix things.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Amber, I'll keep this in mind for future reference, but I wound up fixing my own problem by using the process I described above. It's alway good to find another approach to solving a problem, and I didn't know about that .apj file. Thanks for sharing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

I honestly don't know how to find the point version for RoboHelp 11. I can see all of the fonts in MS Word, and I haven't made any changes to my machine. One day the font list was there, and now it isn't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just found it; 11.0.4.291

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp