• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Will the downloaded font render once online help is rendered on user's system - RoboHelp 2019

Explorer ,
Oct 02, 2019 Oct 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed a font and authored my content using RoboHelp 2019. My question - since I have installed a font for my content I just wanted to know if the font will render in the end user's machine. 

TOPICS
Classic

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you've only installed the font on your computer, then it will only display if the end user also has that font installed.

There are ways to include the font so it displays for end users, but it depends on the license you have for the font. Some fonts only allow it to be used on the local computer.

How you do it I believe is also different between the new UI  and Classic, so let us know which version of 2019 you're using.

I'll have to refresh my memory on the options though, as I've only done the font thing as a test, never for a real project. Once I've done that, if no-one else has chimed in, I'll post more information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using RH 2019 Classic

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 03, 2019 Oct 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to set things up is explained here.

http://www.grainge.org/demos/fontawesome/#t=Font_Awesome_Online.htm

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 03, 2019 Oct 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Phew! Offline memory dump (aka @peter grainge) to the rescue! 😛

(Offline relative to my physical brain, obviously 😄  )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp