• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Will the new 2020 skins also work using the 2019.0.14 release?

Explorer ,
Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I attended the special event last week (besides: it was a fine showcase for all the overwhelmingly great new features!), and since then I was playing around with my 160+ topics RoboHelp 2019 project in the 2020 Trial version. Great fun, even though I didn't even test the new Review process and creating sophisticated PDFs with that new tooling!

Of course, I started the purchasing process already within our company (worth every penny!!), and also for shifting RoboHelp to macOS in a private license of TCS which I'm about to make use of for my upcoming Master thesis.

Now that we're about to start a public survey on our RoboHelp content, I was wondering: would it be possible to transfer the two new frameless skins (especially the top-menu version) to use it with Rh 2019.0.14? Or is there so much altered JavaScript in it that it wouldn't work?

By the way: I also was wondering how to utilize the spaces on the left and right in the top-menu skin, where the panels had been previously.

If we change to that skin later on, it would be for the greater topic width that allows for large tables and schematic drawings to be visible without scrolling. By now, on my first approach of generating an output with our data from Rh 2019, the topic width stays the same leaving the space of the panels just blank.

Did I do something wrong in the skin's settings?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't done any work with the new skins so I can't help you with that aspect at the moment.

I would be very surprised in 2019 would support those skins but there's nothing to stop you creating a project and trying. I wouldn't go that route though as if you hit any problems, it would not be supported.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, now that I've tried it in a nearly blank project I can say: NOPE, doesn't work. Crashes immediately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There are some structural changes in those skins and so would not open in 2019.

thanks

Amitoj Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for updating the thread to save others trying it out.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp