• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Absolute Beginner - please tell me what's wrong with this pic, thanks!

New Here ,
Apr 10, 2018 Apr 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi to everyone,

I just started a few days ago with the upload of some pictures. Most of them haven't been published with explanations that I understand, and that's a good way for me to learn something about the requested quality. But this pic I considered as one of my best flower shots , and I don't see any artefacts or noise (this was the reason of rejection). Of Course it's a macro pic, so naturally some parts of the foto are not perfectly sharp, but this doesn't seem to be problem. Could anyone of you tell me what it is? It would be better for Adobe Stock AND for me if I don't make the same mistake with my next 100 uploads ...
Thank you very much!

Renate

DSC00017.JPG

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 11, 2018 Apr 11, 2018

Hi Renate,

The reason is due to noise - as identified. So, I think they are referring to this:

DSC00017crop.jpg

Notice in the background and flower edge you have some pixilated artifacts. Your background is a little noisy as well.

I notice that you took this at ISO 2000, which is rather high and at this level, noise can be a problem!

You should aim to keep your ISO as low as possible - especially if you want to sell on Adobe Stock.

So, if your other photos were taken at a high ISO, then very likely they will be rejec

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 11, 2018 Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Renate,

The reason is due to noise - as identified. So, I think they are referring to this:

DSC00017crop.jpg

Notice in the background and flower edge you have some pixilated artifacts. Your background is a little noisy as well.

I notice that you took this at ISO 2000, which is rather high and at this level, noise can be a problem!

You should aim to keep your ISO as low as possible - especially if you want to sell on Adobe Stock.

So, if your other photos were taken at a high ISO, then very likely they will be rejected because of noise.

However, you can use noise reduction as in Photoshop/Lightroom etc, and it can help.

Make sure though you know what to look for and the above is an example of what to look for.

Always view your photos at 100% or a bit more, so you can see such details!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 17, 2018 Apr 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There are a billion flower images on stock sites.  As it is not difficult to find a flower to take a photo of in the best conditions, flower images should be interestingly composed and technically perfect.  Yours isn't really effective as a macro because it isn't close up enough, and there are distracting elements around it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines