Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Announcing bonus payment for Adobe Firefly training

Adobe Employee ,
Sep 13, 2023 Sep 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone,

When we announced Adobe Firefly, we made it clear that we are developing generative AI responsibly, with creators at the center.

Although the use of Adobe Stock images for training Firefly is covered by our contributor agreement, we recognize that Firefly would only exist with the community that made it possible. As a result, today we are announcing the bonus payment details for contributors whose content was used to train our first commercial Firefly model, which is now available.

All eligible Adobe Stock contributors with photos, vectors or illustrations, whose content was used to train the first commercial Firefly model, received a Firefly bonus payment today, September 13, 2023. The bonus payment is not guaranteed, it varies for each contributor, and is paid at Adobe’s discretion.

The initial bonus is based on the all-time total number of approved images you submitted to Adobe Stock and the number of licenses that those images generated in the 12-month period between June 3rd, 2022, to June 2nd, 2023. The bonus is weighted towards licenses. A banner on the Insights>My Statistics tab in the Contributor portal provides the specific amount that was added to your account.

We plan to base potential subsequent bonuses on new approved images and licenses they generate annually.

We have put together an FAQ here

Let me know if you have any questions not covered there.

Kind regards,

Mat Hayward

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this bonus give every year or only one time? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Read the FAQs where everything you need to know is covered.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2023 Sep 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please link

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the initial Firefly bonus compensation on September 13, 2023 for eligible online images and their downloads, which occurred between June 3, 2022, and June 2, 2023, any potential subsequent bonuses are planned to be based on new approved images and downloads. Please note, that subsequent bonus calculations and timeline are still subject to further evaluation and the model may change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone explain this payment to me? Why did I receive a payment of 65 dollars in my account? I don't fully understand?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Read the FAQ's which Mat linked above. It's all explained there.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a bonus for helping train Firefly.   Read this:

https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/firefly-faq-for-adobe-stock-contributors.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Adobe, that was a lovely bonus to wake up to this morning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2023 Sep 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 🙂 I'm a Contributor and i'm confused about Firefly bonus payment. I'm find this in the FAQ: "The Firefly bonus payment was added to your overall balance in the contributor portal on September 13, 2023." I see the banner with the bonus amount $X, but it's not added to my balance, or not the amount what is in the banner. I must to wait some time to appear on my balance, or what is the case? 🙂
I wrote to support but  i can't reach they

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2023 Sep 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nevermind, it's appeared now on balance also

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 18, 2023 Oct 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The AI bonus was paid out several weeks ago, but the banner continues to be displayed. Did you already request your payout when it was originally announced?

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My bad, this is the same banner I saw several weeks (or months, don't remember) ago. it has disappeared in the meantime and came back a few days ago. Confused... 🙂

I guess i've been paid at this moment

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think of it as a nice reminder of that unexpected bonus 🙂 

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
yep, thanks for your reply 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2023 Sep 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gpay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2023 Sep 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Mat, when will the Free collection selections be completed? Today is the 26th and it still hasn't been selected. Why does it take so long? @MatHayward 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 26, 2023 Sep 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the nomination period ends, Adobe needs about a month to review all nominated assets and decide which ones they need in the Free Collection. Thereafter, the payment for those they've selected will appear on your Dashboard. The Free Collection include over a million assets, so it takes time for them to evaluate and decide.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have the banner with the bonus amount but not added to my balance.  Maybe later or there is a problem?

thank you for your reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines