• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Categories

New Here ,
Jan 13, 2017 Jan 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you all categorize your photos, is it only me that feels the lack of different categories?

Example:

Where do i put a photo of a blue wooden bench against a red wooden wall with tons of orange autumn leafs over it and on the ground around it.

There is no category for objects and things, i cant find a suiting category for this type of pictures.

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 13, 2017 Jan 13, 2017

Use your best judgement. The categories are intentionally vague. Very general guidelines. To answer your question, the boat image I would use "hobbies and leisure." The bench with Fall leaves I would probably use "plants and flowers."

-Mat

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another example:

In what category would you put this photo?

Capture.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use your best judgement. The categories are intentionally vague. Very general guidelines. To answer your question, the boat image I would use "hobbies and leisure." The bench with Fall leaves I would probably use "plants and flowers."

-Mat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The key thing is to remember that categories are high level organisational terms. They are intentionally broad. It's keywords that really define the image and, of course, help other people find it. The description and category help with that obviously, but keywords are where the real detail gets added.

Categories are much more open to question too. For example, I would use "transport" for MaBi69's picture. At the end of the day, there's sometimes more subjectivity to categories.

Adobe could do with running a spell check on those category names: "Graphic Ressources"? And I suggest moving the "s" from the end of "Transports" to the end of "Social Issue"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 15, 2017 Jan 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the typos (that have been that way for months) are very strange. It's a 2-minute fix for a web developer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 15, 2017 Jan 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2 minutes with a 1 minute 45 second tea break

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 18, 2017 Sep 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there no place that gives a vague explanation of the category meanings?  IE: Graphic Resources.  To me that kind of says, graphic backgrounds, etc.  but who knows?!  So bokeh Christmas shots, I don't know to put in Graphic Resources or Culture and Religion.  Or are you saying, it really doesn't matter so long as you keyword well? 

Thanks!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Either category you suggested would be OK in my opinion. As you mentioned, your keywords are the ultimate way your content will be found. I won't go so far as to say the categories are irrelevant but they do not have nearly as much importance as your keywords. In particular, your first 7 keywords.

-Mat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks so much!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines