• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Change the name DISPLAYED on my contributor's account?

Explorer ,
Oct 20, 2018 Oct 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I change the name displayed on my Contributor's account.  Right now it is displaying my real name form my personal information.  I do not like that.  My adobe account profile name is "The Nature Guy", but that is not what is showing up on my picture sale pages and account.  How do I make my profile name show up on my contributor's account and image pages?

After posting this I saw that my real name is appearing here too.  NOT COOL!  Has Adobe ever heard of Identity THEFT!

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 22, 2018 Oct 22, 2018

Hi TNG,

You can change the name that appears with your Contributor portfolio here: https://contributor.stock.adobe.com/en/account  It'll take about an hour for that to propagate to the Adobe Stock website.

EBQ

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You apparently aren't aware of how Jive works.

Use the settings in your user profile to set what you want like three different levels of details displayed for what.

Then understand that after you set that, what you see is not what other's see.

So ... go to your User Profile,  and set it as you want. You're the one in charge, not Jive's forum software nor Adobe. Just you.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this apply to pages I am viewing in an Incognito page that is NOT logged into my adobe account?  Because that is where I am seeing me name.   I have changed even my personal name in my adobe account to my profile name, and my personal information name is STILL showing up on my contributors account and images.  I don't know what Jive is, but this does not JIVE with me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have the settings correct in your User profile, and have refreshed the page after a few minutes for browsing without logging in, you should see your changes. They don't always happen immediately, I had a change of avatars that took like six hours to happen once. Royal pain.

Neil

Edit: I've passed on a request for a staffer to help you with this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I went out and scythed a half acre fresh of hay for my livestock, to burn off some steam and give my account time to update.  Just checked it again in an private browser page and it is still showing my name.  Guess I will wait until this evening and check again.  I have changed everything in my account, Profile name, Personal Name and even Business Name to "The Nature Guy", so unless there is some other place adobe has my name stored, it should eventually switch.  At least I hope.  I will cancel my account if I have to, but I would rather not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All I can see of you is "The Nature Guy" whether on the forum posts or going to your profile. You have no personal information showing anywhere.

Don't use a private tab to view, use a regular tab but not signed in. Your data isn't showing.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 21, 2018 Oct 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay. It is still showing my personal name on my stock contributors account. 

It does not matter whether I use a private browser, regular browser, logged in, not logged, or a if I use a different computer at a different location and a different IP address. 

Guess I will have to cancel my account.  Really did not want to have to do this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume you tried to communicate with a staffer over on the stock accounts  ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought you said that you had passed this along to the staff yesterday.  I assumed that since you had already done that and they have not responded, they either can't fix it or they don't want to.

Either way I am only going to wait to long to take action.  If you don't understand why I am acting this way, then post you real full name in the next post and I will give you a tiny deminstration of what can be done with just that information alone.

I am going to assume that you are smart enough to not take me up on this, but you now realize why I find it completely outrageous that Adobe has made my full legal name open to the public.  In no universe is this acceptable for a top software company like Adobe and if anything happens as a result of this egregious violation of my privacy and security, I will know who to go after.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 22, 2018 Oct 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi TNG,

Sign into Sell stock photos, videos, vectors online | Adobe Stock Contributor  and click on the thumbnail of one of your uploaded assets. You'll see the asset ID number below your image, click on it. This will take you to the Adobe Stock website and show the image in the details view. You will see that your alias is associated with your uploaded assets. The name you see in your profile is concealed from others, except Adobe Staff.

Let us know if this doesn't answer your concerns.

EBQ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand your angst, just feel it might be displaced.

First, that ​is​ my legal name used here ... period. I'm rather easy to find if you choose to 'web' me.

Second, I'm not an Adobe employee let alone some supervisor or something. So I can put in a ​request​ that a staffer help someone, but I have no control of timing nor is it likely anything said staffers do with the other client will ever be shared with me. I normally don't know if they do or don't respond unless the other client (in this case you) posts back about this.

So ... was Wendy's post (the Adobe Staffer "EvilBugQueen1) helpful to you?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you are logged into your account you will see your real name. We do not see it, we only know you as The Nature Guy. https://forums.adobe.com/people/R%20Neil%20Haugen decided to use his real name as psudo, I go under the pseudo Abambo. But I see my posts under my real name, as long as I’m logged-in. Use a different browser or a different computer and visit the fora and you will see yourself as « The Nature Guy ». With private browsing you need to log-in. And I’m sure you logged into  your account.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I have stated before,

"It does not matter whether I use a private browser, regular browser, logged in, not logged, or a if I use a different computer at a different location and a different IP address. "

I understand that when I am logged into my account it is showing my name.  But i have literally change every possible name information are in my adobe account to "The Nature Guy" and my real name is still showing up on my PUBLIC stock photos and gallery. Just in case you are having difficulty understanding what I am saying.  If a anyone looks at my stock photos, they are seeing my real name, NOT my alias. 

I just took this screenshot.

Picture6.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi TNG,

You can change the name that appears with your Contributor portfolio here: https://contributor.stock.adobe.com/en/account  It'll take about an hour for that to propagate to the Adobe Stock website.

EBQ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow!  Thanks!  That worked.  I clicked every conceivable link I could find and I could not find that page. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sometimes things "around here" are not as obvious as we think they should be. Glad you got fixed but sorry it took so long!

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to Adobe Stock Contributors​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines