• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Confused about image sizing for stock submission.

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2019 Nov 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I take all my images on my camera settings at 18MP per image however when I submit the image to stock upload they do not get accepted. If 4MP is the minimum then 18MP clearly passes that category. 

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Contributors , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Nov 17, 2019 Nov 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.
I've posted a Stock image and it wasn't approved.
When a stock image is not approved, you informed of the reason it was not approved by the moderator. Is that because of the low resolution? Is there any other reason?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes they will give you the reason, and yes there are many. I get them and the information is useful to adjust so I don't get as many future rejections. Hopefully?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could be somehow changing the size when you edit. Very difficult to tell from the limited information you just posted here.

Short answer and a starting point. Open the image, look at the image size, which is easiest don't sometimes by clicking resize image, then look what it says? Or in any image viewer or when you hover over an image in Explorer, you will see the size.

You will see something like this: 5184 x 3456 24BPP which you simply multiple 5184 times 3456 and you get 17,915,904 which is 17MP

I used one of my edited photos, your numbers will probably be slightly different. The BPP is nothing more than Bits Per Pixel, I only left that in, in case you see it and wonder.

What editor are you using? Some if you change the DPI from 72 that your camera uses to 300 (which you shouldn't do) you will have a new saved image that's 4.32MP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should post a reason here with your rejected image, and then others are able to give a possible reason why the reason given was chosen. The image size if above 4MP - being the minimum would not be the reason.

Rejection reasons include Technical Issues, Artifacts, Non-compliant etc.

https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/quality-and-technical-issues.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 18, 2019 Nov 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi jlandrum,

Thank you for giving us the opportunely to assist. I assume your camera is set to take images at its maximum size. Depending on the zoom the size may vary for each image. If your image was taken in RAW after making corrections and saving in JPG it will normally compress to a smaller size (between 1/3 and 1/2 the original). There seem not to be a standard resizing, but might depend on the quality of your image in the first place. This you will observe by looking at the histogram of those accepted as against those rejected. Sometime for unknown reason the compression process produces image size smaller than what is accepted. 

You may right click on image thumbnail, click properties at the bottom of the menu, and look for image "size on disc". As low as 3mb after compression is accepted.

Best wishes

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines