Copied

How do I close my contributor account? 

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Jan 31, 2018 Jan 31, 2018

Hi,

because we can only retrieve your accepted picture here, it would surely make sense to insert the picture that was rejected here directly to allow an evaluation why it was rejected.

Also the other pictures you have listed here in the forum are not available here. You should also insert them here directly.

Generally speaking, you can say that every agency has its own idea of saleable material that suits to the agency. And it is also correct in my experience, that the same pictures sell or are ac

Votes

Translate

Translate
Jan 20, 2018 Jan 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Creative Cloud and close your account there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 20, 2018 Jan 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To whom it may concern:

There’s much written about how short-sighted are some companies….virtually all of these sell elsewhere, in some cases many times.

Just these rejections are enough to make me laugh. One of them has sold to the tune of over $550 at other microstock agencies.  Believe me, there are more in my rejection pile….ridiculous.  Nobody’s perfect, live and learn.  In one case recently I submitted two images of THE SAME content...one was accepted and the other rejected for copyright issues.  REJECTED: 186755196  ACCEPTED:  186755245  How ridiculous isn that?  

I wish some person at Adobe would actually look at these and respond.  Be a Pro, you expect that of us.  Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 31, 2018 Jan 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looping in v.poth for expert opinion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

because we can only retrieve your accepted picture here, it would surely make sense to insert the picture that was rejected here directly to allow an evaluation why it was rejected.

Also the other pictures you have listed here in the forum are not available here. You should also insert them here directly.

Generally speaking, you can say that every agency has its own idea of saleable material that suits to the agency. And it is also correct in my experience, that the same pictures sell or are accepted differently by different agencies. You can laugh at the fact that pictures you've already sold elsewhere will be rejected here, but it won't help you to make more assumptions and sales here.

Greets,

v.poth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BTW, I get your point.  You ought to get mine too.  Your comment "it won't help you to make more assumptions and (about?) sales here" is true but the reverse is true too.  If I have hard evidence that something sells, that should be taken into consideration.  But at this point I don't care to spend time on this.  My greater point is that of the places I've dealt with over a long time:  Getty, Shutterstock, Dreamstime, Alamy, iStock none seems to make it this difficult to either add a comment during an upload or to have a short dialogue about rejections.  As I mentioned earlier in the thread, it's disrespectful.   Either way I shoot assignment work and sell through galleries...stock does not amount to much (for me)...I simply think communications are key to good relationships.   Thanks!  Ken  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like you have no problem selling your work. Congrats. So, why bother about Adobe. Work smarter not harder. RELAX a bit. JH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kind of you to say.  But why bother you ask?  Simple.  I like making things out of nothing...building a planter, creating a photo.  I also believe that improvements are just that.  It's not just for the sake of change that I started this thread, it was with the thought that a revered company might become even better.   Live and learn and move on when it makes sense...which it does at present.  Again, thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I think, excuse me, here you may be a little too sensitive about the agency's respect for your pictures. In the microstock market there are lots of suppliers, professionals, semi-professionals, hobby suppliers, everything is represented. At Fotolia/Adobe about 20,000 pictures are uploaded daily and I think other agencies are no less so. You can't expect explicit personal treatment here, I mean.

I think, after a look into your portfolio at Adobe, you could surely succeed in producing and selling pictures for Adobe if you get involved with their needs and properties. But this is what you have to want and have fun with it.

I think you're giving up too soon.

Greets,

v.poth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, you're not talking with a person who "gives up"; that's not me. Anyway, I appreciate this but honestly, you just don't get my point.  I'm not being "too sensitive"...hardly, in fact.  But you are correct in the assumption that all agencies worth their salt are bombarded by uploads.  Rejections are part of the game, perfectly understandable.  My point was, and remains, that other places have mechanisms for contributors to voice an opinion about specific rejections which are then POSSIBLY re-considered.  OR, one has a comment to the editor section for anything pertinent during the upload.  BTW, I have rarely indulged in arguing for a re-consideration.  Anyway, here, from the responses to this thread, what I see is a numbers game.  So your quite wrong about other places when you write "You can't expect explicit personal treatment here".  In short, I've made mountain out of a mole hill, again, at first just attempting to understand how Adobe Stock works.  If I ruffled some feathers, good.  No harm intended. 

Parenthetically, I began uploading here very recently...maybe 50 images of 1000+ in my collection (some very good, some useless).  My uploads stopped abruptly because I had a shoulder operation a couple of weeks ago and won't be able to shoot for a few months...hell, I'm not too thrilled sitting at the computer now either...all that will pass and I'll continue sending images to Adobe.  End of story.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So, happpy ending for all. Good night. JH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines