• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Declined for exposure issue

Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2018 Aug 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've recently had a number of studio shots on a white background declined for an exposure issue. I resubmitted after either reducing exposure or using Auto in Lightroom's Basic panel to adujest the picture and resubmitted, only to have both examples on multiple photos again rejected.

Has anyone had this as well? I really need help as I would like to get these submitted. Thanks for your feedback.

2018-08-- 00001-21.JPG

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 27, 2018 Aug 27, 2018

The light parts are my edits. The brush tip may need some special attention, but for the rest it's quite straight forward.

I don't know your initial parameters so departing from the RAW file could be much easier.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2018 Aug 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a guess:  the background isn't white and you have shadows under the brush.  I would suggest coming up with a way to separate the brush from the background.  Do a search of paint brushes to see what has been accepted and compare those to your photo. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 27, 2018 Aug 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your white background and brush have exposure issues! As stated above the background should be white and the brush is also too dark.

The hole at the bottom is too dark for example:

brush.PNG

Using auto in Lightroom's basic panel doesn't always give a good result.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ricky336  wrote

Using auto in Lightroom's basic panel doesn't always give a good result.

Yes that is true. On such a dominant white (or black) background Lightroom tries to avoid clipping. But that shouldn't be a problem here . Clipping in the background whites is OK.

(Edited because the original answer gave the impression, I would like to contradict ricky336​. I wanted to affirm his findings)

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The light parts are my edits. The brush tip may need some special attention, but for the rest it's quite straight forward.

I don't know your initial parameters so departing from the RAW file could be much easier.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines