• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Different search results

New Here ,
Apr 27, 2020 Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When i do a search results on Adobe Stock (for example flower) i see another search result then my girlfriend (sitting next to me with pc) doing the same search. Some images are complety missing on first page.

When i search on the german Adobe Stock site (for example flower) i see different results also.

German Adobe Stock site:

https://stock.adobe.com/de/search?load_type=search&native_visual_search=&similar_content_id=&is_rece...

Dutch Adobe Stock site:

https://stock.adobe.com/nl/search?load_type=search&native_visual_search=&similar_content_id=&is_rece...

Why they give different search results and how can i see how my images are doing and further climbing to page 1 correct?

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Contributors , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Hein_Nouwens,

Thanks for noticing! We are frequently testing improvements on the site, sometimes in A/B format. This is why you are seeing this difference.

EBQ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems entirely fair, also, that Adobe would randomise otherwise equally good hits. You want to see “how you are doing” but Adobe isn’t interested in promoting individual contributors. Adobe doesn’t offer analytical tools to contributors, perhaps to avoid gaming, which would not be to Adobe’s Commercial advantage. (Not an official reply)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 28, 2020 Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Image search results are sales driven, depending on your search parameters. But to avoid that every one uses the same pictures, there need to be some randomization. This allows everyone to make a sale, isn't it? I would also expect to see some priority to new pictures. 

Your best chance to make good sales is to keep your keywords clean and releted to the subject. There is nothing more distracting for a customer to get shown pictures that are unrelated to what he asked for.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is A/B format?

Afcourse clean keywords and related to subject is important.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am familiar with the term A/B from newspaper/magazine advertising. It means that two versions were printed, with different designs of adverts for the same product. Customers were surveyed to see which ones remembered the adverts. So, extending this, it is entirely normal to give different views to different people; and A/B split suggests it is done for internal and secret purposes. We could guess that Adobe will use different search strategies to see which ones work best (that is, which ones result in a sale), then use this as a continuing process to tune the searching and ensure the photographers have no influence over it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines