• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Do reveiewers understand underwater photography?

New Here ,
Jun 10, 2018 Jun 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of a set of 9 photos rejected. Other stock photos sites have no issue with them!

Most of them from this set (although in better quality & with no watermarks)

20180603 - P29 and Rozi @ Cirkewwa | Facebook

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , Jun 10, 2018 Jun 10, 2018

You can take away the problem of people, places or things, that might require a model release or property release and re-submit.

You can also take a look at all of the required conformity to copyright laws in every country. Your compliance is your business.

The volunteers here on the forum are not here to argue with anyone. We hope to inform and assist the contributors to Adobe Stock.

Try honey and less vinegar next time. Mutual respect is required to benefit from this free forum. Standards set and

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

It would be important to know what the official reasons for refusal on the part of Adobe Stock for the respective images are.

Some of the pictures have recognizable company logos and here you definitely need a property release. The recording location could also require a release

In general, you should note that Adobe Stock does not accept editorial images from standard members.

Here you should inform yourself and there is a good starting point:

Reasons content is rejected at Adobe Stock

I think here you can find out if you have understood enough about commercial stock photography to be able to critizes professional image reviewers in an objektive way.

Greets,

v.poth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@v.poth

My my my.. we're quite sensitive apparently!

I raised a question (Do reviewers understand underwater photography - hey fixed the typo as well!) and also qualified that it's some of the pictures in that set, not all (getting off brands, identifiable people etc) that was uploaded.

Recording location requiring a release? These are underwater photos, some on reefs, others on artificial wrecks - hope authorities never consider the idea of asking them for a release for using pictures of reefs and wrecks scuttled to be visited, enjoyed and photographed!

All the reasons given for refusal were Technical error (which is like... puff...) and none of the 9 in the batch were approved (though I have over 200 other images approved so I guess I'm not far off what is considered acceptable on Adobe stock - or otherwise I'm not sure what standard to follow!)

I've read Quality and technical issues rejected at Adobe Stock which doesn't help at all, thus this forum post.

Hope that helps understand the issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can take away the problem of people, places or things, that might require a model release or property release and re-submit.

You can also take a look at all of the required conformity to copyright laws in every country. Your compliance is your business.

The volunteers here on the forum are not here to argue with anyone. We hope to inform and assist the contributors to Adobe Stock.

Try honey and less vinegar next time. Mutual respect is required to benefit from this free forum. Standards set and clearly posted by Adobe are set by the customers of Adobe stock. Not much any of us can do about it. But we can learn and grow. Best regards. JH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 11, 2018 Jun 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I understand it can be frustrating!

So, regarding 'technical issues', your link to your Facebook isn't going to help advise what the technical issues maybe, (as the quality is not so good) so to get some feedback, it just may be a good idea to post them here so it can give others here a chance to look at them and suggest what these errors might be!

It is also a really good idea to say what the rejection reason is right at the beginning, because then it can avoid this very issue that has arisen! Otherwise we're just making educated guesses!

Also keep in mind, each stock photo site have their own criteria, so what may be accepted at one, is not necessarily accepted at another - in this case Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will post them this week.. just short on time.

I would suggest a more specific rejection answer to solve such issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dav-AA--1980  wrote

I would suggest a more specific rejection answer to solve such issue.

Hence the nature of this forum! To try and answer such questions!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines