• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Explanations for rejections

Participant ,
Feb 14, 2020 Feb 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As as paying customer for Creative Cloud and a sometimes contributor to Adobe Stock, I am getting quite annoyed by the explanations for rejections. Often the explanations are quite vague and point to either broken links or a page where one must wade through several pages.

I seldom post to Adobe Stock because of this and devout more of my energies to stock agencies like Getty and Shutterstock, whom do provide more clear reasons why a photo is rejected. AND I not paying any money to Getty or Shuterstock.

Why the vague explanations? Why does Adobe treat their customers so badly. It's come to the point I am giving thought to perhaps even cancelling my CC subscription.

Customers deserve a better response why their photos were rejected and not vague responses to a link.

A very loyal but quite annoyed Adobe Customer 

Ken

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 15, 2020 Feb 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ken,

Sorry to hear about your annoyance. Each stock platforms tend to do things a bit different. I upload to others that gives vague rejection explanation as Adobe does, and some of my experience getting clarity are too disappointing to mention.

On Adobe platform the critique forum is where you get more detailed explanation, for your rejection than you'd get from any reviewer. If you upload a copy of your rejected work here using the forth icon from the right on the reply menu bar, we will be able to highlight where the issues are, and in the process you will learn how to identify them by yourself. When you upload also state what was the rejection reason.

Best wishes

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 16, 2020 Feb 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks kindly for the reply. It's much appreciated. Should I upload the photo in question here or start a new thread? No offense to Adobe, but I do find the other stock companies alot easier and not as cold as Adobe.

When a photo is rejected at Shutterstock I have the option to resubmit the photo and it will be reviewed by a different person. 50% of the time the image is accepted. Wh can't Adobe offer this service?

I have 1500 images each uploaded to Getty & Shutterstock for that reason. At Adobe I have just over 200. And seldom want to expose myself to the frustration of their cold and vague replies. I suppose this is convuloted by the fact I am a paying customer of Adobe and perhaps expect a level of courtesy from them which may not be realistic.

Again thanks. Appreciate your kindness.

Ken

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Morris,

You may upload the images to this thread. This way I'll be notified when you do so.

These vague response are given to everyone. Here is the explanation to rejection reasons:

https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/reasons-for-content-rejection.html

However more details is given by the community. This way your questions are open to multiple responses. 

You said "I do find the other stock companies a lot easier and not as cold as Adobe."

There are platforms that the response is more vague than Adobe, and there are others that give no explanation at all. The key is to know what errors to look for, how to look for them, and how to make corrections for re-upload. That you learn from the Adobe community.

You saidWhen a photo is rejected at Shutterstock I have the option to resubmit the photo and it will be reviewed by a different person

You will find that at Adobe, on very rare occasion that an error is made leading to rejection. After we critique your photo, you do have the option to make the corrections and resubmit. Images with issues are harder to sell. Therefore it makes sense to find flaws and correct them when they can be corrected.

You will eventually like the way Adobe operates.

Best Wishes

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hemlock Ravine Park sPhoto 13 {2019}=KRM02.jpg

I had to reduce the resolution of the file from my original submission  as I got a message from the forum it was too big and to reduce it.

The reason I was given for rejection was NON-COMPLIANT IMAGE yet similar photos I've uploaded to Adobe were accepted. Also this rejected image was accepted by Getty and Shutterstock. For the life of me after wasting much time wading through the Adobe link, I have no idea why this image was rejected. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Morris, 

None-compliant most of the time means it was rejected before and you re-upload the same file without making the relevant correction. Looking at the image I would guess it was rejected for "technical issue". It appears to be too blue, hence your white balance is out. 

In addition "Non-compliant" means that your content doesn't comply with our Contributor Agreement. Content may be non-compliant due to watermarks, inappropriate or irrelevant keywords or image titles, or questionable, or defamatory content. Your file is also rejected as non-compliant if you receive a reminder to submit a model or property release, or resolve a problem with a release, and you resubmit the file without addressing the issue."

This image does not require a release, hence it was most likely uploaded before, or you previously got a similar rejection of one that looks like this.

If you had a "similar" rejection of this photo, or one looking like this, do not resubmit. If it was rejected before for anything other than similar, let us know what it was.

Regards

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry but I only submitted it once and NEVER before. So perhaps it's the white balance issue? If so why couldn't Adobe have state white balance issue instead of NON COMPLIANT IMAGE. It's simply too broad and vague. Adobe should be trying to build up goodwill with their members to avoid frustation & confusion, especially those who pay a fee like the Creative Cloud license.

Thanks muchly for your reply. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Morris,

Non-compliant is as I have explained, nothing else. I'll make note of this for reference so that it can be further looked at.

In the mean time you may upload another that was rejected.

You said, "Adobe should be trying to build up goodwill with their members to avoid frustation & confusion, especially those who pay a fee like the Creative Cloud license."

Sorry I do not understand the relevance of paying for Creative Cloud license and contributing assets to Adobe stock. Are you suggesting that stock contribution forms part of your CC license agreement? Otherwise would be totally unrelated, and have no link to establish relevance.

Best wishes

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Morris,

Please post the ID number for this snow forest image that was rejected for Non-compliant.

Best wishes

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 17, 2020 Feb 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks very much for your assistance. But it appears other then white balance you too are confused why this image was rejected.

Cheers

Ken

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no option when uploading a file to Adobe to attach notes where I can reference the file id for previous upload or this post as suggested by you. The note option is available at other stock agencies.

OR are you asking I post the file id in this thread? 

Anyway the File ID: 321939018

Again thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Morris,

You post the file ID at the correct location. 

Is there any other of your work you would like us to look at?

Best wishes

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really appreciate your assistance. However I have NO idea what you mean by "You post the file ID at the correct location." AS I've ALREADY explained their is no way to attach a NOTE. If I post the old file id in the file description it will remain in the description.

Again, how do I attach a note so I can include the OLD file id?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Morris,

We are currently discussing the file that you post to this thread. I request the file ID number. You post the ID number here. I assume you post the ID number of this file we are discussing. I have sent off a request to Adobe, who has access to your contributor account. I do not have access to your account.

Now that that this file is pending a response from Adobe contributor support, I am asking you if you have another file you would like us to look at. You indicated in your first post that a large number of your files were rejected. I assume you wish to get help in understanding why they are all rejected.

Hence, I am not sure what you do not understand, or become confused with.

Best wishes

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok. Thanks. The file has been submitted. I did fix the white balance, taking away the cool tone.

File ID: 323752200

I only want this file reviewed as it has a very vague reason for rejection "NON COMPLIANT FILE"

About my previous files that were rejected, I also find the reasons very vague and often refer to a link where after spending much time reading I do not find the specific reason why the file was rejected. However on these past files, I've moved on and do not wish to have the reviewed. I only want the present File ID: 323752200 reviewed.

Cheers

Ken

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Morris,

I did not instruct you to resubmit the file. I asked you for the file number. I am trying to help you, but you are doing your own thing. I said I sent off a request to Adobe to have them look at the file. I gave you no instruction to resubmit. 

Understand this, Adobe is Adobe. Adobe has their own organized way of doing things. If you do not take care to comply, or corporate then you put yourself at risk of loosing your account. Until it is confirmed why your file was rejected for Non-compliant, please remove it from the upload folder and wait for a reply. 

Now I need to know, which is the correct number for this file that you upload to this thread. Is it 

File ID: 321939018

or

ID: 323752200?

Regards

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

File ID: 321939018 is the file in this thread.

In your reply you posted

[quote]

In the mean time you may upload another that was rejected.

[/quote]

Which I thought you were suggesting I upload another re-edited version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Morris,

I can understand your anxiety to have file ID: 323752200 reviewed. I too have those kinds of photos at times, however I have to allow good sense to prevail.

This you need to understand: Resubmitting a Non-compliant file is a perfect recipe for canceled account. You do not resubmit a rejected file except you are sure why it was rejected and corrected the issue. I am trying to gather that information from a staff member who has access to your account, however you seem not to want to wait, or corporate.

Please read all the information of the following link, and all the linked information:

https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/submission-guidelines.html

Best wishes

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to co-operate fully. However this the first time I've posted a rejected file to this forum.  I thought I was following exactly what you asked.

It seems English may not be your native tonque and perhaps we have a communication issue as I do find some of your comments hard to follow. I mean no offense by this remark.

Sorry if I appear difficult to get along with. I can assure you that is not my intention.

Cancel my account? WOW, I've been a member of Adobe for over 10 years and this is the very first time I've asked for any assistance and now you start threatening me. WOW!!!

Cheers

Ken

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(Edit) My original answer was for a different thread. But as I'm here, I can also answer this one:

No one threats you. Jacquelin for sure not. She only explains that spamming the account with rejected pictures without addressing the problem may lead to have the account disabled by Adobe. This probably doe not happen with the first such picture. 

Jacquelin is, like me, ACP (Adobe Community Professional) and as such, she is not an Adobe employee and has not the power to disable your account. 

Abambo.

Sent from my iPad

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with Jacquelin's analysis. If this image, however, was not submitted for review-refused first hand, it may mean that the moderator simply selected the wrong reason. 

Snow often confuses the automatic in camera white balance so you practically always need to correct the bluish colour cast.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 18, 2020 Feb 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Morris, 

Your files are declined for "Non-compliant" because you are adding your own watermarks. Do not add watermarks to images you submit.

"Non-compliant" means that your content doesn't comply with our Contributor Agreement. Content may be non-compliant due to watermarks, inappropriate or irrelevant keywords or image titles, or questionable, or defamatory content. Your file is also rejected as non-compliant if you receive a reminder to submit a model or property release, or resolve a problem with a release, and you resubmit the file without addressing the issue." This is a quote taken from 

https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/reasons-for-content-rejection.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Often the explanations are quite vague and point to either broken links

There should be no broken links. If there are, please report them.

Rejection reasons are basic preformated texts that just give a hint of what the cause is. This is, however, the same with other stock providers. As the moderator needs to decide quickly on the rejection or acceptance, he or she for shure has not the time to give lengthy explanations. But my experience shows, that most refusals are really correct and only some seam to be done by error. Adobe, however, is very picky on the asset quality and it may well be that an image accepted by one gets refused by Adobe. 

This happened to me several times and mostly after looking in depth into the image, I had to agree with the moderator. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NON COMPLIANT IMAGE is too broad a term. IF the issue was a white balance issue why not have "WHITE COLOR BALANCE ISSUE" as an automated response.

I still do not know WHY my photo is rejected. I only re-submitted the issue in question as I thought jacquelingphoto2017 was suggesting I do so.

I do post to other stock agencies and have a much larger portfolio with two others (Getty & Shutterstock). Close to 1500 on each. I've been posting to Adobe & Fotolio for over 10 years. Fotolio was a very pleasant experience as are Getty & Shutterstock. Adobe is not. Too much confusion and vague responses.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Morris,

You said "I mean no offense by this remark."

I know you mean no offence, and appreciate you highlighting that there is a communication issue. My native language is English. I am getting the impression that it is not just me you are not understanding but you also do not understand the quotations and guidelines from Adobe.

My definition for Non-compliant:

It was rejected before and you re-upload the same file without making the correction the reviewers highlighted. Put another way, you re-upload the rejected file without correcting the fault the reviewers found.

Adobes definition for Non-complaint:

"Your content doesn't comply with our Contributor Agreement. Content may be non-compliant due to watermarks, inappropriate or irrelevant keywords or image titles, or questionable, or defamatory content. Your file is also rejected as non-compliant if you receive a reminder to submit a model or property release, or resolve a problem with a release, and you resubmit the file without addressing the issue."

I said I see a "Technical Issue". When white balance is not correct the reviewers usually send a rejection notice stating that there is a "Technical issue". I did send you the link that explains all the rejection reasons including "technical issue" and "non-compliant". 

You said you got a "Non-compliant" rejection the first time you upload the photo.

I am now saying, we do not know what the photo was rejected for.

What have I done?

I am trying to find out from an Adobe staff member why the photo was rejected. This might take a couple of days.

If there is anything you do not understand please feel free to say it. I recognize that as good communication, and have no offence.

I do not want your account to be cancelled, hence stating the rule so as to provide caution. As I said before I do not have access to other peoples accounts.

Best wishes

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines