• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Filed declined due to technical error.

Community Beginner ,
Jul 03, 2018 Jul 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please help me identify some of the reasons this file was declined. Usually other stock sites accept my images, but I have the MOST trouble with Adobe. I am still trying to get used to what they prefer.

untitled.jpg

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , Jul 03, 2018 Jul 03, 2018

Hi, The photograph would be a nice one if the blue was not introduced in the entire photo...the tower top is missing and it is much too blue to be useable. The blue application also darkened the sky way too much. Yes, it is night but with the lights and some glow of a city, this could have a lovely golden glow and lighter shadows. This work might also benefit from cropping a bit off the road at the bottom. If you Photoshop the camera raw or curves might be applied to the original unprocessed pho

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I think the problem you have here is that it looks like you tried to recover the highlights of the lamps. However, in doing so, you have introduced more of a 'dirty' appearance of the lampshades.

untitled.jpg

It is better to leave them as a burnt out white, rather than to try to recover them, as there is no detail to recover!

I think this could be the technical issue they are referring to.

And also - although this might be a bit picky - you have chopped off the top part of the tower.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 04, 2018 Jul 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings,

I completed the changes that you recommended and the file got accepted!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, The photograph would be a nice one if the blue was not introduced in the entire photo...the tower top is missing and it is much too blue to be useable. The blue application also darkened the sky way too much. Yes, it is night but with the lights and some glow of a city, this could have a lovely golden glow and lighter shadows. This work might also benefit from cropping a bit off the road at the bottom. If you Photoshop the camera raw or curves might be applied to the original unprocessed photograph. Then, resubmit and let us know how this worked out. If you are trying to mute the white of the lights, do not use blue. Use an opaque gray-white. at 10% or less. Best regards, JH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the advice. I am using Lightroom to edit and yes i pushed up shadows and took down highlights. I'll check my editing process again and try not to dirty up the picture so much and give it a more natural look. Back to the drawing board...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Take the road less traveled.jpg

Hello all, The new file got accepted! Here are the changes I made. Thanks for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings,

I completed the changes that you recommended and the file got accepted!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines