Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Focus Critique Requested

New Here ,
May 28, 2018 May 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings,

This was rejected as out of focus and I'm not really seeing how the statue is out of focus. I'm guessing the general lack of color contrast between the foreground and the background might be an issue and the top of the statues head appears fuzzy which is the decay of the old statue not a focusing issue.

Thank you for your constructive feedback.

EU2018_d3300_0319 copy.jpg

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , May 28, 2018 May 28, 2018

Hi,

Yes, you are on the right track - there are bothersome out-of - focus patterns in the background. This is very distracting from the central focus. A buyer would have to get rid of that before they could use it. You need to submit clean and quality work to Adobe Stock. Even the center focus of the statue is not sharp and has a white wall to the left that is too white and distracting. So, I think you know it is not the best picture but you can find out much more if you look at this at 100 % mag

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Yes, you are on the right track - there are bothersome out-of - focus patterns in the background. This is very distracting from the central focus. A buyer would have to get rid of that before they could use it. You need to submit clean and quality work to Adobe Stock. Even the center focus of the statue is not sharp and has a white wall to the left that is too white and distracting. So, I think you know it is not the best picture but you can find out much more if you look at this at 100 % magnification. AND learn about the things that will cause your work to be rejected. Go to this free site supplied by Adobe. You can do a lot better if you are better informed and know the guidelines. Best regards, JH

For  you to be able to achieve better image results and get offerings accepted into Adobe Stock go to   https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/user-guide.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for taking the time to review and point these things out and the link is quite helpful. I am learning a lot.

I shot the photo at ISO 100m, 1/200 sec at f8, handheld.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
May 29, 2018 May 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your "thank you." We love to know our information offered is useful. Regards, JH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Joan is right. And when you magnify the image it semms like the statue is not only out of focus but also blurred/shaken. What exposure time and ISO have you used?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines