• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

G'day, any technical comments on my 'technical issues'

Participant ,
Mar 04, 2020 Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I would like some technical suggestions on what may not be great about this image,  How could I improve things. IMG_4033lrps.jpg

Myfanwy E S McLean
TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe aren’t looking for art, and their “quality” rules often frustrate artists who don’t share their commercial ambitions. They won’t take photos which are not technically perfect, and they will check for blurring, colour balance, exposure etc. Your art just look blurry to them I think. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess that the exposure made it little bit hard for my lens to focus.

Adobe do want art amongst other types of images.

People want art amongst other types of images.

Myfanwy E S McLean

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe's does have quality rules but I don't believe they aren't flexible because they have been generous with accepting my art stock.  Art works are a wide and nourishing river.

Myfanwy E S McLean

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This piece is nothing high brow in art. Could be good in a magazine.

I am shocked you think adobe are looking for art.  There is plenty in the stock.

Graphic  designers can also be very creative to the point of artistic.

Best wishes.

Myfanwy E S McLean

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 05, 2020 Mar 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, I said they are NOT looking for Art.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 05, 2020 Mar 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I made a typo.  I knew you said they are not looking for art but if you browse shock you will see plenty.

Myfanwy E S McLean

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 06, 2020 Mar 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 73myf,

The highlight is a little too much on the left side. You need to use a photo editor to reduce the highlights, and possibly the whites, That will add a little tone to the left. To produce a nice balance you may also need to increase exposure a little to compensate for the light lost when you make the other adjustments. Depending on how the image looks, after the above adjustment, a small increase of black and shadow might be necessary also. 

Another concern are the light spots between each slice, especially the second from the base that completely blot out the edge. You could clone out that error.

Part of your edges are a little soft. You might not have your camera set for adequate depth of field or you might have been a little too close to the subject. But that is another rejection reason, and sometimes is overlooked depending on the moderator. Otherwise you photo is fine.

Best wishes

JG 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your comments.  Worth my printing and reading again and taking note for future works as appropriate.

Myfanwy E S McLean

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi McLean,

You are welcome

Best wishes

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 07, 2020 Mar 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would also suggest looking at your colour temp. To me, it seems a bit off. Rather too warm. AND it does look rather blurry, so this could be another issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines