• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How could this be rejected because I had submitted "similar content," when this was the first black & white still life I ever submitted

New Here ,
May 09, 2017 May 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mattia_GirlOnAShelf_BW.jpg

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 16, 2017 May 16, 2017

It could be the moderator selected the wrong rejection reason. This file should have been rejected but not necessarily as a similar image. As was mentioned above, you are better off selecting the color version of the file so the designer has more options. We will accept some black and white content but it's very rare. A designer can easily convert the color version of this image to black and white but the reverse is not true. You are limiting your potential market if you submit in black and whit

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you submit one that's similar in composition or subject matter but in color?

Remember, Adobe Stock is being used in large part by people who are using Photoshop. They can very easily make something monochromatic if they desire. So, doing a black and white and a color version of something would be fairly pointless if the composition and subject matter were similar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a smart insight.  But, no. Up to this point, I had sent only colorful photos of birds, animals and flowers. This was sent as a change of pace and in no way resembles anything else I've sent. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then I've got no idea.

I'll have a moderator move this from the critique forum (since you're not looking for a critique) and into the contributor support forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. That may be where it belonged in the first place. I am VERY new

at this, but eager to learn ... especially from my mistakes!

Rita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 16, 2017 May 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It could be the moderator selected the wrong rejection reason. This file should have been rejected but not necessarily as a similar image. As was mentioned above, you are better off selecting the color version of the file so the designer has more options. We will accept some black and white content but it's very rare. A designer can easily convert the color version of this image to black and white but the reverse is not true. You are limiting your potential market if you submit in black and white.

Better luck next time,

Mat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2017 May 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for a very logical response.

Sent from my iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines