• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to get started in selling stock photography?

New Here ,
Mar 13, 2018 Mar 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, I've been taking photos for couple years now and just recently decided to get into the world of selling stock photography, but I have no idea how to start. What I'd like to know is what kind of photos are constantly in need or what buyers are looking for nowadays . Does portrait photos sell good? Or maybe nature photos? I know I just started and don't expect to make hundreds right away but I just want to have an idea of what to post do that it doesn't seem like I'm wasting time. I don' want to upload like 200 photos and not have a single sale. Thanks in advance!

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

It would be best to read some of the Adobe guides that can be found at the top of the Adobe Stock Contributors forum page.

To start you should read this:

https://helpx.adobe.com/content/dam/help/en/stock/contributor/Adobe_Stock_Contributor_Guide.pdf

Then there are videos from Terry White about selling photos:

LIVE - Adobe Stock Portfolio Reviews - YouTube

and follow on to further videos from that.

This would be start!

Bare in mind, selling stock photos and getting sales is not so easy. There are many f

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be best to read some of the Adobe guides that can be found at the top of the Adobe Stock Contributors forum page.

To start you should read this:

https://helpx.adobe.com/content/dam/help/en/stock/contributor/Adobe_Stock_Contributor_Guide.pdf

Then there are videos from Terry White about selling photos:

LIVE - Adobe Stock Portfolio Reviews - YouTube

and follow on to further videos from that.

This would be start!

Bare in mind, selling stock photos and getting sales is not so easy. There are many factors to consider and no easy answer!

If you do start to upload images (and they are accepted, don't expect that this is a 'get rich quick scheme', because for most people, it isn't).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2021 Apr 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also had some inquiries on these issues. Obviously, it is unlikely to know which photo can sell. My experience is that the photo you intend to sell must be posed correctly, describing a subject, and being far from ordinary. It is important to enter the correct keywords for a photo that describes a subject and satisfies you. While the word "wood" is a key word for many photos, it can lose your photo among a plethora of stock photos. Woody, hardwood, woodland and similar keywords are more useful if they are suitable for your photo. It is necessary to assume that the photo offered for sale by a stock site contains correctly named, appropriate keywords consistent with the format, content, composition. If even one of the things I mentioned is missing, this will mislead you and negatively affect your next photos. Being successful in stock photography takes time and patience, so it's important to maintain personal motivation. The method for this may be to upload the finished photos to the site and turn to new ones. My personal experiences have developed in this direction and I continue to learn.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 12, 2021 Apr 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @软件管59783078,

Please see this related discussion from a few days ago.

You might gain some insights from looking at what other Adobe Stock Contributors are doing.  Remember, Adobe stock customers come here expecting highest visual and technical quality. 

Good luck!

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines