• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I need help to upload a vector image to Adobe Stock

Guide ,
Sep 15, 2018 Sep 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I started a different thread on this same subject, which was approved by moderators, then UN-approved later. I have no idea why.

I am unable to upload an ai file (vector). No matter how small I make the file, the upload is always rejected for SIZE.

I need to speak with someone who can help me find and solve the problem. (Yes, I've reviewed all the submission criteria VERY carefully, and found no help.)

-- I suspect that the upload routine for vector ai files is simply non-operational at this time. But confirmation of this would also be very helpful, if it is indeed the case.

Thanks in advance for any help.

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 17, 2018 Sep 17, 2018

Please review the upload specifications for vectors listed here: Requirements for contributing vector art to Adobe Stock

The issue is likely the artboard size not being large enough. The artboard must be at least 15MP.

Kind regards,

Mat Hayward

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,
Sep 15, 2018 Sep 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think maybe the error matrix on vector uploads could be a bit wonky: I found that I needed to set up contact and tax settings, which may have been the reason the uploads didn't go through. It's possible the errors were happening because of those missing details, but the goofy part was the error message itself, saying the problem was image SIZE. But -- no big deal. I'll wait a couple of days for all those settings to be integrated, and will try uploading again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 17, 2018 Sep 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please review the upload specifications for vectors listed here: Requirements for contributing vector art to Adobe Stock

The issue is likely the artboard size not being large enough. The artboard must be at least 15MP.

Kind regards,

Mat Hayward

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michael,

Your query has already been addressed in the thread:What SIZE in inches (not MP) is allowable for vector upload?

Regards,

Twarita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To be clear, the only missing info for vector files in the term "15 MP" is the DPI, (since vector is implicitly resolution-independent). I had no idea the artboard for vector uploads had to be so HUGE!  I was assuming the upload error for SIZE meant the file was too large. DOH!

When I sized the artboard to the area equivalent of 70" x 45" (from the other thread) it uploaded just fine. (For other image proportions: 75" x 45" = 3150"; Square Root of 3150 is about 56".) The only time I've ever worked this large (56" x 56") in AI was when creating gigantic trade show images.

To reach approx. 15MP, the ASSUMED dpi turns out to be around 72. For people like me, this missing piece of info made this exercise into quite the puzzle.

For this reason, I'm very thankful for these forums.  :+)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Looping in MatHayward to help you better.

Regards,

Twarita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines