• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image Out Of Focus? Depth Of Field?

New Here ,
Mar 10, 2019 Mar 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am confused how this image was not approved because it was "Out Of Focus" Yes the background is out of focus because of the depth of field obviously. I have this photo uploaded on another site and it has 4.7M views and 8k downloads. Can somebody explain the reasoning for this? Uploaded photo was scaled down. thank you

Black LT.jpgScreen Shot 2019-03-10 at 11.12.59 PM.png

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 11, 2019 Mar 11, 2019

Hi,

It isn't an odd rejection, but with good reason.

Adobe is quite picky about what they accept - from experience. So, you have 'out of focus'. well... actually your sandwich is not fully sharp. Your depth of field is a bit too shallow - your sandwich is not sharp at the edges.

focus.jpg

And on the other side:

focus 2.jpg

So, this is why!

Your sandwich should be fully sharp - for Adobe Stock anyway! (And it isn't.)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,
Mar 11, 2019 Mar 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, that’s an odd rejection ..! A great image. And more that 8.000 downloads - congrats - that‘s amazing.

The image should be rejected though, not because og focus but because og the logotype on the shirt, if it’s not made by yourself or if you have a property release. And there are som strange green lines around the logo ..? Abambo or Ricky may have a look here ...

In my view the image is a bit on the dark side, but that’s a matter of taste. If you can explain the logo it should bed approved. You can call on Mat - he’s great ..!

In my view the image is a bit on the dark side, but that’s a matter of taste. If you can explain the logo it should bed approved. You can call on Mat - he’s great ..!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply and compliments, i appreciate that.

Good point you've made which i didn't even consider. Although it's just a common word visible, it is my friends t-shirt company where she operates out of her home.

It is dark, which is what im usually recognized for in all of my style of shooting, dark but with bright food colors, i agree it is taste!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

It isn't an odd rejection, but with good reason.

Adobe is quite picky about what they accept - from experience. So, you have 'out of focus'. well... actually your sandwich is not fully sharp. Your depth of field is a bit too shallow - your sandwich is not sharp at the edges.

focus.jpg

And on the other side:

focus 2.jpg

So, this is why!

Your sandwich should be fully sharp - for Adobe Stock anyway! (And it isn't.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when you pixel peep its absolutely soft around the edges of the sandwich

i shot this myself on a tripod without a remote so i had to rely on autofocus, hold the shutter down halfway until i heard the beep, jump back into frame and hope it was in focus enough while not interfering with the framing of the lettering on the shirt. not the easiest way to do it but for the average eye, nobody will tell but, Adobe isnt the average eye, so thanks for the time to reply !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi therusticvegan

To take selfie, you need either to use a remote control, or to set an object to capture the focus, then replace the object with yourself. In that way you get more successful results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 12, 2019 Mar 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

therusticvegan  wrote

when you pixel peep its absolutely soft around the edges of the sandwich

When submitting photos to Adobe Stock you need to pixel peep. You can then see the flaws!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines