• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image rejected for Technical Issues

Explorer ,
Sep 18, 2019 Sep 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looking for insights as to why this image was rejected for Technical Issues. Tanks!

475A7779 a.jpg

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , Sep 18, 2019 Sep 18, 2019

I can see a few technical things that might have been reasons for the rejection of this offering.
First, the composition is not the best. The full flower must be crisp and clear. The colors are not
strong and good contrast is not present. A closer shot of the entire flower might be better.
I am wondering if you have studied the guidelines for contributors Adobe has created for you.
Please look through Adobe Stock pictures of flowers similar to yours. Offerings must be outstan

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,
Sep 18, 2019 Sep 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can see a few technical things that might have been reasons for the rejection of this offering.
First, the composition is not the best. The full flower must be crisp and clear. The colors are not
strong and good contrast is not present. A closer shot of the entire flower might be better.
I am wondering if you have studied the guidelines for contributors Adobe has created for you.
Please look through Adobe Stock pictures of flowers similar to yours. Offerings must be outstanding and your best professional work only.
On the right of this missive you will see answered questions like yours. I think one of mine is there.
Here is a link for additional information. Best regards, JH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 19, 2019 Sep 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the reply! This image was one of three in a batch of 56 that were rejected. I only question this one due to the ambiguous nature of the rejection. The third link you provided was quite helpful in further explaining what might fall under a technical reason. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 20, 2019 Sep 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rejection reasons are always general. They give only a direction into where to look.

If you correct the fault you may get a different rejection for the resubmitted image. That is because the moderator rejects on the first reason he or she finds. 

I would guess, however, that this picture would never pass, becaue there are a lot of flower (the same for pet pictures or sunrise/sunset pictures) pictures in the database so you really need to create "a picture with a wow factor" (Mat Hayward of Adobe Stock).

I may err, but I do not think that this picture will pass.

Below would be my suggestion of the edit:

clipboard_image_0.png

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 19, 2019 Sep 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Joan mentioned, you need to have more contrast - it is a bit weak in this photo, the composition isn't very good. Make sure you read the guidelines first. They are helpful!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 29, 2019 Sep 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That is a nice pastel colored flower, however in addition to what Joan and Ricky has said, you need to make sure that the subject in the forefront of your framing is in focus. In your case you needed to either frame to eliminate the branch of flower in the forefront, or adjust your camera to keep both branches in focus. 

Best wishes

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines