• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image rejected

Community Beginner ,
May 06, 2024 May 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AI Image was rejected, just curious on your opinion on why it was so. 

Thank you.

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What was the reason given for rejection?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Possible reasons:

- Non compliant use of another artist’s name.

- Undeclared Generative AI Content.

- Content not compliant with overall guidelines

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recall a similar event that happened in Portland, OR during protests a few years back. I assume you made no direct reference to a real event in your title or keywords? That would be a violation of #3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The female looks like an AI image. Did you declare it as such?

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I declared it as AI as all of my content , title was "Girl walking down the stree, NYC" - Could it be the NYC tag? Since it's a generated image and not in NYC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It might not meet the nudity guidelines, which are rather subjective. It also could have been rejected for quality issues because her left hand is malformed and her right arm appears to be longer than her left arm.

I wouldn't put "NYC" in the title, though I suppose it could be a tag. The title should be much more descriptive, such as "Nude Young Woman Viewed From Behind, Walking down the middle of a busy street in New York City"  But the lack of an inadequate title isn't necessarily a reason for rejection.  

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply, I dont think it was the hand since it was rejected much faster that another image i uploaded by mistake which has a much more glaring issue. It was rejected in about 12 hours.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The speed of rejection is irrelevant. Moderators only review the images as they come up in the queue assigned to them. 

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply, I dont think it was the hand since it was rejected much faster that another image i uploaded by mistake which has a much more glaring issue. It was rejected in about 12 hours.

By @Trai Collective

A moderator will look about 10s to your image to decide on the rejection, it is irrelavant if the assets waits an hour or 8 weeks in the queue. 

My five cents to this:

• the nudity is a reason for getting a "Non-compliant image" refusal. 
  • mentioning NYC is also a reason for that refusal. As an generative AI asset, it would be difficult to pin down the town. The Yellow Cab is an indication, but that could earn you an IP violation. 
ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can almost guarantee that that was the issue. "walking down the street in a large metropolitan city" might be the way to go instead. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The reason is "non-compliant image".

Abambo_0-1715059168500.png

The text is stock text and may not directly relate to your precise issue.

Nb it is important always to give us the refusal reason. It helps a lot to avoid unnecessary guessing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, now that I'm home and reviewing this on my computer instead of my laptop at my local bar with people looking over my shoulder, I have to agree with @Jill_C about the extra length of the arm on the right. I think a little back and forth using Liquify in photoshop could fix that issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I may add something, your image should be in jpg and not in png.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 07, 2024 May 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why not png?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pngs should only be submitted when the image is on a transparent background.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 08, 2024 May 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because PNG is reserved for assets with transparency. Adobe is not currently enforcing that rule very actively, but there are examples that users got banned afterward for not following the rules.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

My 2 cents worth; I think the main issue is the nudity, and probably some keyword(s), for example - NYC.

Copilot says this about NYC:

The concept of copyright can be quite fascinating! Let’s explore it in the context of New York City (NYC).

First, it’s essential to understand that copyright primarily protects original works of authorship. These works can include literary, artistic, musical, and other creative expressions. However, not everything falls under copyright protection. For instance:

1. Trademark vs. Copyright:

• The famous “I ♥ New York” logo is protected by trademark, not copyright.
    • Trademarks safeguard symbols, logos, and phrases associated with specific brands or organizations. In this case, the logo represents NYC as a brand, promoting tourism and pride.
    • Copyright, on the other hand, covers original artistic works, such as paintings, literature, music, and software.
  2. Copyright Basics:

• Copyright law grants creators exclusive rights to their works, allowing them to control how their creations are used.
    • These rights include the right to reproduce, distribute, perform, and display the work.
    • To qualify for copyright protection, a work must be original and fixed in a tangible medium (e.g., written down, recorded, or saved digitally).
  3. NYC Content and Copyright:

The Yellow taxi cab could also be another issue of trademark as it is well known.

And:

Yes, the yellow taxi cabs in New York City are indeed trademarked. Let me provide you with some details:

So, the yellow taxi cabs in NYC are not only a familiar sight on the streets but also a well-regulated and trademarked part of the city’s transportation system! :oncoming_taxi::statue_of_liberty:

I personally don't think there is any outstanding issue with the length of the arm with the woman.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's a good deal of nudity on Adobe Stock (almost half a million results for the search term "nudes"), a lot of which is much more revealing and explicit than what is seen here. I know buyers can filter out adults-only content, but I've always been surprised that Adobe doesn't offer the option for the contributor to do that themselves in advance when submitting. But yes, it's certainly possible that a moderator with more modest sensibilities may have nixed this for that reason.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NYC is not protected. And the yellow cabs are not either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stock is a global service. In many countries, this would be banned for nudity (middle east, religion-based government restrictions).

Read about non-compliance below.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 09, 2024 May 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's somethin wront with the stripes in the street, the yellow cab is much too long at the rear and the door handles are not in line, the curbstone is wrong/missing at the corner, the 'Mercedes' has three door handles, the hands are poorly rendered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 09, 2024 May 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Quality issues, not non-compliant issues. But it's always possible that there are quality issues with an image, and the wrong rejection reason got selected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines