• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Important generative AI reminders

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 19, 2023 Aug 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We want to remind you that any generative AI assets submitted to Adobe Stock must adhere to the Generative AI Guidelines. Violations to these guidelines lead to content rejections or account termination.

Very important:

• Do not submit any assets created with prompts in the style of other artists or referring to famous people or brands. 
  • Content created by prompts that refer to artists, styles, or works that no longer have copyright protection may be acceptable so long as you verify that no other rights apply to the prompt (e.g., publicity rights, cultural heritage rights, etc.).  If you are unsure if you have the necessary rights, do not submit content made using that prompt. 
  • All generative AI images should be identified by checking the box “Created using generative AI tools”. 
  • Only check the box “People and Property are fictional” if the asset includes people or property. For example, if you generated a landscape or food DO NOT check this box.
  • If you used a real person or property to generate your AI image, you need to submit a model release or property release with your image.

Thank you,

Mat Hayward

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 28, 2023 Aug 28, 2023

To repeat:

• Only check the box “People and Property are fictional” if the asset includes people or property. For example, if you generated a landscape or food DO NOT check this box."

In this context "property" means buildings, cars, boats - the type of property that would require property releases if they were real. It isn't really necessary to check that box for furnishings, but I don't think it will earn the image a rejection.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 19, 2023 Aug 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I wasn't sure about what boxes to check or not check with regard to "landscapes and food." I haven't submitted all that much of either, but hould I remove and resubmit accordingly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2023 Aug 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mat,

Thank you for posting these important reminders about generative AI guidelines. We've noticed recent changes in the guidelines, and we're doing our best to stay compliant.

We recently uploaded a batch of AI-generated images and checked the box for "People and Property are fictional." After reading your post, we want to make sure we've understood all the rules correctly.

On a related note, we reached out to you via email regarding an account validation issue, and we understand you may have been busy. If there's anything we've missed with the recent guideline updates, we're eager to correct it.

Could you please take a moment to look into our situation or direct us to the right channel? We value our long standing partnership with Adobe Stock and appreciate your support.

Best,
Yavor Yanakiev
Clever Stock

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To the best of my knowledge Mat is not involved in account validation issues. You'll have to direct your questions to the contact us link that you see on your Dashboard and wait for Contributor Support to reply.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jill,

Thank you for the guidance. We've been proud contributors to Adobe Stock for over 10 years (since it was "fotolia"), and we truly value this partnership.

We actually used the "contact us" link on our Dashboard about three weeks ago and have been eagerly awaiting a reply from Contributor Support. The delay in resolving this issue is becoming a burden for our stock footage company, and we're keen to address it as soon as possible.

Could it be possible that we missed something or need to follow up in a different way? Any advice on how to expedite the resolution would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you once again for your help!

Best,
Yavor Yanakiev
Clever Stock

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From what I've read here in the Forum, 3 weeks is not an unusual period of time for account investigation to occur. Check your email spam folders to be sure that an email has not escaped your notice.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2023 Aug 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly, nothing in the spam folder. Hopefully our messages haven't been lost somehow. 
Thanks, Jill! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 08, 2023 Sep 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They have also blocked my account and it gives me an account validation error, I have written privately to support but no one answers me, I also wrote to Mat But I have not received any response either, honestly I already know what else to do to recover the account or have information about the cause of the block and I have seen that you also have this problem,And I wanted to ask you if you managed to fix it and recover the account or if you got help from someone on this. Thank you very much for your attention 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You must reply to the contact us link on your dashboard page, then wait for a reply. No one here in the community can help to resolve your account issue.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already did that weeks ago. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 09, 2023 Sep 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was our second validtion issue and despite that it was a different error this time (our AI generated image submissions were many and contained image errors) and 3 weeks later we were told our account cannot be reinstated "at this time", which means all our over 6000 stock videos accumulated with over 10 years of hard work and were significant part of our monthly income are now indeffinitely offline... We pleaded the decision 2 weeks ago without any response yet... I really hope Adobe alleviates those draconian measures and shows that it cares for the hard work of their long standing contributors and doesn't just see them as cogs on a wheel... 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 10, 2023 Sep 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it's a bit painfull after all these years being a loyal paying adobe costomer and using their products, creating tutorials on youtube and possibly driving traffic to their paid products to be treated like that. Like a wife - silent treatment, no explanation, no response whatsoever lol 

Even though i understand that they are encountering numerous issues with the avalanche of AI generated content it is still their responsibility to treat their contributors with respect and dignity. Ofc i will live through that it just leaves such a bad taste that i am not sure if i will ever be able to force myself to recommend them anytime in the future. It's been almost a month and i haven't heard back from the support regarding the issue, wheather the account can be reinstated at all or anything. 6 month of hard work went to drain just like that, without a single warning. 

Must be even more painfull to you after putting in 10 years of hard work, so i feel you mate, and hope it gets sorted out at least for you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I sent 1-2 months ago more than 300 AI image using the the checkbox "Created by using generative AI tools and they are still under review.  But I've also inserted, in each title, the phrase "Generative AI" and sometimes in the keywords too.

Today I've noticed recent changes in the guidelines and I read:

Don’t: Add 'generative AI' to titles and keywords. The checkbox "Created by using generative AI tools" classifies your image as a generative AI image.

So now I have to delete all 323 submitted images and do i have to send everything again by eliminating the phrase "generative AI"?

Thank you for your reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE: I've just found the reply to my question above in another thread. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Titles can be edited as well as other info. Click on the pencil icon by the field.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I knew. Title can be edited in approved images. But I was referring to images "still under review". 

Anyway, in my case, I don't have to do that fortunately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 28, 2023 Aug 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi together,
I have always checked both checkboxes, because the plates, the table, the office etc. are fictitious and do not belong to me. So really I do not know now from when it is property where I have to click that it does not belong to me? I hope the pictures are not all rejected now.
Jürgen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To repeat:

• Only check the box “People and Property are fictional” if the asset includes people or property. For example, if you generated a landscape or food DO NOT check this box."

In this context "property" means buildings, cars, boats - the type of property that would require property releases if they were real. It isn't really necessary to check that box for furnishings, but I don't think it will earn the image a rejection.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Buy all means reject an image if it's not completely within guidelines. It's bound to happen now and then -- especially when trying to produce image that might reflective of popular culture and ideas. But, blocking an account and seizing funds -- that seems pretty harsh. There needs to be accountability in the approval process as well as with contributors. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The huge influx of AI assets has definitely caused some growing pains with Adobe. Moderators were initially perhaps not well-trained at recognizing typical AI defects, and too many images with 5-legged cows and 6-fingered people got through. AI Contributors tried to game the system by not tagging their images with "generative AI" and submitting them as photos rather than Illustrations. Now they're submitting them as "photo-realistic" when they're not. And they're submitting many, many similar images. And they're violating IP guidelines. And they're opening multiple accounts to try to bypass the review limit on an individual account. Adobe is playing "whack-a-mole" with the influx of such Contributors, many of whom start uploading without ever having read any of the guidelines; probably didn't even read the Contributor Agreement - just signed it anyway. I'm not saying that every AI Contributor is like that, but the numbers are high enough that Adobe has had to start blocking accounts with questionable content while it is re-reviewed. Many accounts are re-opened after the issues are addressed. Yes, it would be nice if Adobe had a more transparent way of dealing with such issues, and if they could do it faster, but they're working with the system they have, while making continuous improvements.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for adding a bit more clarity to the situation. You have given me hope.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 01, 2023 Sep 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the review limit? Sounds like a good idea so that everyone can slow down a bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no limit as far as i know. Not yet. It should be introduced imho. Especially to new accounts that could be increased like based on approval ratio over time etc. Otherwise it will be clogged for everybody with bots getting better and smarter and things like AI agents being able, create, keyword and upload images on their own with no human interference. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bots should be outlawed in Adobe stock !

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It varies due to unknown account variables - anywhere from 50 to over 1,000.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines