• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Inconsistencies in rejecting photos

Explorer ,
Oct 27, 2017 Oct 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently I submitted the file which was approve. It is a panorama of Mid Town Manhattan.You can see the file here

mid-town-panorama-by-dmitry-smolyanitsky?ctx_page=1&from=user&user_id=10832657

However, in the past I submitted several similar images that were rejected.

mid-town-in-sunset-by-dmitry-smolyanitsky?ctx_page=1&from=user&user_id=10832657

blue-angeles-by-dmitry-smolyanitsky?ctx_page=1&from=user&user_id=10832657

reflection-by-dmitry-smolyanitsky?ctx_page=1&from=user&user_id=10832657glowing-metropolis-by-dmitry-smolyanitsky?ctx_page=1&from=user&user_id=10832657

I was hoping someone from support explained to me why approvals are so inconsistent. All images are general panorama or wide shot images.

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 13, 2017 Nov 13, 2017

Buildings are IP when looked at them isolated. May be there is a clause for architectural designs stipulating differently but the copyright states that 70 years after the creator's death, the design falls into public domain. The Architect retains the copyright on buildings, so he controls the pictures that are published of a building (ie he has a right to be named on a picture of his building).

Nevertheless, as I stated, skylines are not copyrighted. So if your picture contains a lot of buildings

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to Stock Contributor Critique​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone in support answer this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope someone in support will answer you. For now, I love your shots but look for any blurring on edges of objects and sides of the photos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 12, 2017 Nov 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks you for the support. The images were rejected for the Intellectual Property Law, which makes it inconsistent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Nov 13, 2017 Nov 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great photos - however, I see a difference. The accepted one is more

naturally presented. The others look as if they have been color enhanced.

The buyer might prefer to do that on their own. In this case, less

manipulation is better. JH

<https://mailtrack.io/> Sent with Mailtrack

<https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/mailtrack-for-gmail-inbox/ndnaehgpjlnokgebbaldlmgkapkpjkkb?utm_source=gmail&utm_medium=signature&utm_campaign=signaturevirality>

On Sun, Nov 12, 2017 at 7:35 PM, astroprojector <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"The buyer might prefer to do that on their own."

I don't think so ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have learned that images are checked all by humans. What were the rejection reasons?

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 01, 2017 Nov 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great images imo - except for the 'Summer sunset' where the light is not so good. And maybe the 'Toronto skyline' is too dark?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 12, 2017 Nov 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still waiting for someone in support to answer the question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope you are aware, that this is a user to user forum. Even that I have seen quite a lot of Adobe staff here, "support" is given by users based on their personal experience.

I have never tried to contact support in the matter of image rejection, but I find some decisions quite erratic and what disturbs me in the process, that especially on some reject reasons, there is no "appeal" possible, except for resubmitting. At least should you be able to pass a short note to the examiner.

I have pictures that got rejected on intellectual property reasons, where I am convinced, that there was no intellectual property problem (ie red cross with a first aid station does not seam to me as an intellectual problem rejection reason). But this is common for all image banks.

I understand, however, that due to the masses of pictures submitted, the reviewer has very little time to consider a specific picture and decisions are taken quickly...

Now for IP in your case (I need to use my memory, because I do not currently have access to the pictures): Your pictures show a skyline and skylines are not protected by IP. Even if one or 2 buildings in the picture are protected (architects are the (c) owner on the building shape), the general skyline is not. Logos visible in your pictures, however, will also trigger the IP refusal. They need to be carefully photoshopped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Buildings are often intellectual properties.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Buildings are IP when looked at them isolated. May be there is a clause for architectural designs stipulating differently but the copyright states that 70 years after the creator's death, the design falls into public domain. The Architect retains the copyright on buildings, so he controls the pictures that are published of a building (ie he has a right to be named on a picture of his building).

Nevertheless, as I stated, skylines are not copyrighted. So if your picture contains a lot of buildings, each building is protected by (c) but the buildings together on one picture are not, especially if there are still other elements on the picture, making the picture a creation on it's own.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes - but there are also lots of recognizable sign posts with advertisings ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oleschwander  wrote

Yes - but there are also lots of recognizable sign posts with advertisings ...

May I refer to my conclusive sentence in the prior post:

Logos visible in your pictures, however, will also trigger the IP refusal. They need to be carefully photoshopped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate everyone's reply

The images were not rejected because of colors or any other issues. They were rejected because of the Intellectual Property laws.

Accepted image shows panorama with buildings and signs.

Rejected  image shows panorama with buildings and signs.

Hence no consistency. Either reject all or accept all.

Not sure how else make it clear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 15, 2017 Nov 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's human checked. May be by two different people.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it matter if it is AI or human-reviewed? A set of qualifiers and disqualifiers are present. The market service is positive and the experience educational. Rejected items are just that. No statement is made about you or your work or if it is good or bad. More information is available to you if you wish to study it on your own. Smile and go forward. JH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

joanh22203655  wrote

Does it matter if it is AI or human-reviewed?

AI does not produce inconsistencies. Humans can ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines