• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Intellectual property refusal

Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2018 Aug 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I was wondering if anyone could clarify (or guess) the reason behind intellectual property refusal on my two images? Items are displayed on a tailor's dummy and from my own vintage clothing collection. Nothing on the photo have any identifiable elements. They could easily be any vintage garments. Also, composition and location are my own.  I attach screenshot of the thumbnails. The complete version of the photos show more of the tailor's dummy, and the intentional look is as if these were displayed in a gallery setting. Many thanks...

Screen Shot 2018-08-31 at 18.51.13.png

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 31, 2018 Aug 31, 2018

You added the keyword "Museum" to the file in addition to "exhibit" and "exhibition." The moderation team inspecting the file has to use the limited information available and it's safe to assume that based on the keywords you were in a museum and snapped a photo of the display. Doing so is prohibited.

Of course, as you mentioned, this is a generic garment in your personal store. Unfortunately, the moderators have no way to know that. We will always err on the side of caution when it comes to IP.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You added the keyword "Museum" to the file in addition to "exhibit" and "exhibition." The moderation team inspecting the file has to use the limited information available and it's safe to assume that based on the keywords you were in a museum and snapped a photo of the display. Doing so is prohibited.

Of course, as you mentioned, this is a generic garment in your personal store. Unfortunately, the moderators have no way to know that. We will always err on the side of caution when it comes to IP. Another keyword you listed is "Hollywood." Based on that information for all the moderators know, the coat could be in a display of Marilyn Monroe clothing or some other famous display.

I recommend you remove those keywords and resubmit. There are no specific IP issues within the images themselves that I see.

Kind regards,

Mat Hayward

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answer. It makes sense indeed; I should've thought of keywords better.

What would be ideal keywords for suggesting generic museum and exhibition shots for stock photos? I was hoping to add more in this subject matter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't recommend you do this for the reason listed above.

-Mat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 01, 2018 Sep 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What about adding a model release. Would that clarify the situation and be acceptable for the moderation team.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines