Exit

Intellectual Property violation

Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2018 Feb 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,Jaipur_palace_IPViolation_send.jpg

File ID: 193350281

Could you please let me know the reasons for IP violation in the following picture? There are 10's of such pictures on Adobe stock website. Simply search for "Jaipur Palace" and you'll see similar images. My keywords are also very appropriate. There are absolutely no trademarks, company logos, etc.

Sorry I could not figure out how to upload a larger image with this message.

Thanks very much,  Ashok

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 28, 2018 Feb 28, 2018

The reviewer may have thought that this came under 'image restrictions' and a recognisable place (which it is if you know about Indian buildings and landmarks) hence needing a property release. It is hard to know which building needs a release or not. The reviewer may have been over cautious here.

There is a rough guide about image restrictions:

Known image restrictions

Yours though isn't on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this a public place or is it a private residence? Who owns it? Do you need model releases to publish photos of it? Or perhaps a signed release for you to use this image and sell copies of it? This is perhaps a legal problem that must be considered and solved. Read information from Adobe. Below the reason for rejection, there is a note saying "More Information" Click on it and read what comes into view. Best regards,

JH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JH,

This is a public place open to all. One of the main tourist attraction. It is owned by the City of Jaipur, India. No, you don't need a model release for this picture. As I indicated there are very similar pictures on Fotolia/Adobe already. I did look at "more information", but whatever reasons it pointed to; I could not find in this picture. If there weren't other pictures (many of them) almost similar, on Adobe, why were they not rejected? That's where I got puzzled. Sometimes, inadvertent use of Keywords can also backfire. But my keywords are about as kosher as they can get.

Thanks a lot.  Ashok

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The one other possibility is that Adobe has enough of these photos and does not need yet another one. Your photo would need to be quite different to stand out.

Regards,

JH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good point. But, and not since this is my picture, I do not see any picture on Adobe which captures the palace in it's entire wide scope. I took multiple shots and painstakingly merged them to get this picture....

But, if it's the reason of "similarity", I would have liked them to tell me something to the effect "similar content". Without clarity, it's hard to submit future pictures of such nature.

Oh well... I just wanted some guidance. Thanks much for your thoughts.

Ashok

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The reviewer may have thought that this came under 'image restrictions' and a recognisable place (which it is if you know about Indian buildings and landmarks) hence needing a property release. It is hard to know which building needs a release or not. The reviewer may have been over cautious here.

There is a rough guide about image restrictions:

Known image restrictions

Yours though isn't on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2018 Mar 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yah, I think this reviewer is over cautious. That's not good for us contributors. But I can understand when you have to review hundreds of pictures on a daily basis. Thanks for pointing to the "known image Restriction" page.

Thanks much. Ashok

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines