• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

intellectual property ?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2018 Apr 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, sometimes I'm a bit skeptical about  pictures refusal. I upload pictures recently of the city of Avignon, south of France showing the city including famous Palais des Papes and battlements at sunset. All pictures have been refused because of Intellectual property. Having a look at the Adobe Stock site, I can see many pictures of the city quite similar in their content. Mine were taken from a high point just behind the battlements and there is no sign of any intellectual property (trade mark or people..). Curiously one of the set  of 9 was accepted but still not appears on my portfolio. Does the pope suddenly claim for property of this medieval monument ? Please if you can give me some feed back, I would much appreciate clear answer ! All the Best ! DomDOM080731109.JPG

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a copy of the correct answer to this question. Some of it mentions that you must search the legal limitations set. I do like your photo. JH

Correct AnswerRe: Violation of the Intellectual Property Code.

marog-pixcellsAdobe Community Professional

"Intellectual property refusal

If your files contain certain elements that are protected by intellectual property laws, we can’t accept them into our collection. For more information, review our Legal guidelines. These measures are in place to protect you, our contributor, as well as our customers and Adobe Stock."

--> Reasons content is rejected at Adobe Stock

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hummm...I know the rules ...but can you tell me why there is dozens of pictures of Avignon on the Adobe website (Have a look !) which according to the refusal I had , do not have to be approved, no ? Just try to understand :-).... Dom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dom, Glad you are trying to understand. I just printed out five pages of legal information about Adobe license for anywhere in the world. Yes, it is complicated. If you do read the information on the pages suggested to you, you will probably come to the conclusion that we have to -- trust that Adobe is not comfortable with at least one of the hundreds of regulations.

The regulations vary place to place, town to town. Understand, Adobe is not just protecting its self but also every stock contributor. We will likely soon have more copyright regulations, not fewer.

Your viewing of dozens of accepted pictures appears to deal with specific conditions which are unknown to us for now. I thought I knew the rules too but there are different rules for each sale depending upon what is to be used and where and even for how long. Keep reading. Or just accept the reply and refusal. We are all learning. Regards, JH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that should be a kind of Adobe algorithm not understanding for a simple human being , I guess ! Anyway , you're right about copyright regulations, they are increasing of course ....

Thanks for your kind answer Joan !

Dom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Joan - he is not complaining, just trying to understand ..! The correct answer but be that the rules have changed since the other ones were accepted, or what ..?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not see it as a complaint but someone who needed more information about what is out there now and a peek at the future. Information aids understanding in many ways. Rules and change go together in my life so they are constants. Must stay current. By the way, I do enjoy your responses and will follow. Regards. JH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I think it's the elevated perspective you took the picture from. This is a copyright infringement in many countries, because you apparently did not photograph from public ground street, sidewalk.

A legal restriction of panoramic freedom lies in the way the photo is taken. The authority extends only to the external view of a work. Anything that shows more than just the outside view and is therefore no longer visible from public roads, streets or squares is not permitted.

Likewise an aerial photograph is inadmissible and in addition to the airplane also telephoto lens and ladder are declared in the judgement as further inadmissible aids, if thereby the private sphere is spied out.

For the photographer it means: stay on the ground! Unless he has a valid property release for this type of recording.

Greets,

v.poth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

v.poth - there are lots and lots of elevated perspective images here. And what about drone-photography which is so popular?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course there are thousands of elevated an aerial views ! And who knows that the pix has been taken from a high point ( not aerial) if I didn't mention it on my post ...The same pix could have be taken from the hill on the other side of the River Rhone with a big lens , believe me !   The right answer must be found in mysterious Adobe alchemy for sure! :-))

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is most probably due to the fact that the entire photo is of this palace - which probably is privately owned. I've looked up this palace and you have to buy a ticket to enter €12 -so this means you need a property release or some kind of written permission to use for commercial purposes being the key word! As for the other photos I can only guess that Adobe are being a lot more careful with such images now (Unless they have releases). Especially that uploading images to stock sites now is so easy! Therefore these micro stock sites now have to be so much more careful in accepting images.

This link is from the Palais des Pope with info about a press release. This would come under commercial purposes!!

Service presse | Palais des Papes - Avignon

You really have to do your research these days!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes but No, I uploaded some larger views of the city and they were refused as well ... and if you read the press release of Avignon municipality it says : "Nous vous rappelons qu’une autorisation préalable fournie par le service presse est nécessaire pour tournage ou prises de vues à usage professionnel "dans" le monument- Prior authorisation from the Press Department is required for filming or shooting film for professional purposes in the Palace of the Popes. That means "Inside" not outside... but it's subject to interpretation , of course...

I'm not complaining at all but try to figure out and help others to, as well.

Many thanks for all of you for your contributions !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for bringing it up. It is fun and informative and for me, also helpful. JH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I can only guess that Adobe are being a lot more careful with such images now" - Yes that was what I wrote as a possibly explanation. Lots of images are possibly Fotolia-images. I can't see when the other photos on this site was uploaded but they can be old and maybe Adobe has changes policy afterwards ...?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

More than likely!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines