• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is a Model Release Required for Editorial Content?

Contributor ,
Aug 20, 2018 Aug 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings,

I have several travel photos for which I don't have Model/ Location Releases.

Adobe Stock requires that if there is a Recognizable Person or Place, then a Release is required.

However, Shutterstock and iStock allow the upload of such images but categorize them as "Editorial" - meaning for Newspaper/ Educational etc.. use.

Is that possible with Adobe? If so, is the workflow different? If not, how do I bring this issue to their notice?

Thanks,

Rajnesh

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 21, 2018 Aug 21, 2018

Editorial content does not need a model release, at least in my region, but as said before, Adobe does not accept that kind of content. It uses Reuters to satisfy the editorial needs of that type of clients.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 21, 2018 Aug 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Adobe doesn't accept editorial content at the moment. You have to be invited by them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2019 Jul 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just wondering how you can be considered for invitation to submit editorials. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 02, 2019 Jul 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can't. Editorial content is taken from Reuters...

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 21, 2018 Aug 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Editorial content does not need a model release, at least in my region, but as said before, Adobe does not accept that kind of content. It uses Reuters to satisfy the editorial needs of that type of clients.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines