• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it legal to get a Stock photo, then edit it in Photoshop and then call it my own?

New Here ,
Nov 28, 2019 Nov 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I'm using Adobe Stock free trial right now and I just downloaded an image with the standard license. I am planning on changing some parts of the image(but am leaving the watermark alone) in Photoshop. Is this image now officially considered mine? Does this mean that I don't have to provide copyright info for this image? If I do(have to provide copyright information), will saying that this image came from Adobe Stock suffice?

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 28, 2019 Nov 28, 2019

Copyright law is complicated. Penalties can be severe. If you are proposing this, I suggest you talk to a copyright lawyer, since we cannot (legally) give you legal advice. In addition, and over and above copyright law, here are the terms and conditions of Adobe Stock: https://wwwimages2.adobe.com/content/dam/acom/en/legal/servicetou/Adobe_Stock_Additional_Terms_en_US_20190816_2200.pdf

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Copyright law is complicated. Penalties can be severe. If you are proposing this, I suggest you talk to a copyright lawyer, since we cannot (legally) give you legal advice. In addition, and over and above copyright law, here are the terms and conditions of Adobe Stock: https://wwwimages2.adobe.com/content/dam/acom/en/legal/servicetou/Adobe_Stock_Additional_Terms_en_US...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, and I will talk to a copyright lawyers. Are there any online ones that could help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 03, 2019 Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You need to stay in the limits of the licensing terms. As you have a legal license, you may use the picture but you will be bound by the license terms. Sometimes you need to credit, sometimes you do not need to credit. It's in the terms. 

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines