Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is this a joke or what ? ))

Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2018 May 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I work exclusively large format digital Art(A0+)  many of my Illustrations are 3D creations which I do myself!…. Most of my Images are a combination of Illustrator, Photoshop and 3D!

I submitted several Images which I consider not that good and they got accepted without any problems! Other Images which Art experts and other stock Image companies praised got refused by Adobe Stock?

I always use the same technique, mostly I build complete 3D scenes and render several camera views! In clear it is the same lightning, same render quality, same Photoshop finishing…

I simply don’t get Adobe Stock criteria, as from same series I get one or the other Image accepted and others not!

Also, the reason for refusal seems to me like pure lottery, sometimes it’s artifacts, sometimes, content and very often copyright infringement!

OK, I know, Adobe is not in the 3D business, at least not the photo-realistic one ))

I’ve got several Images refused because I’m unable to get a consent signature from a virtual 3D Model which I invented in my heat “lol”, even if they look like a “real photo”!

Do the algorithm or the people who revise the Images at Adobe Stock know that it is possible, to render, meanwhile in 2018! 3D Images in hyper realistic quality?

I simply don’t get Adobe stock criteria…

A1_Sevilla_Is.jpg

Regards,

PS: attached a refused Image…

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , May 17, 2018 May 17, 2018

Yes, this is quite a fine work of art. It is also a completed work of art that might be sold at a gallery in a frame. An Adobe stock item is sold to other artists or companies who want to use it and change it and create finished art that they own.

I am also a realistic illustrator and my best work, in my mind, is almost always rejected by Adobe for their market. With this happening, I have learned to define which market is right for different levels of my artwork. I create unfinished, less realis

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this is quite a fine work of art. It is also a completed work of art that might be sold at a gallery in a frame. An Adobe stock item is sold to other artists or companies who want to use it and change it and create finished art that they own.

I am also a realistic illustrator and my best work, in my mind, is almost always rejected by Adobe for their market. With this happening, I have learned to define which market is right for different levels of my artwork. I create unfinished, less realistic art without any background for Adobe stock.  I know someone else will change it into something to fit their specific purposes. It is completely up to Adobe to select each work allowed in their stock offerings based on their market trends.

I suspect your work has several things that do not comply with the guidelines. If one of my illustrations is too realistic and might look like someone, I must present a model release. Study the guidelines and look at Adobe Stock to compare your work with what is being sold.

To learn more about the type of content Adobe is looking for, please visit this page: https://www.adobe.com/go/stock-contributor-help

Why was this particular picture rejected when it is one of your best? An answer that satisfies you will be very complex and probably should come from Adobe management. I think your "not as good" work that was accepted probably did look like you created it so it would be safe from any copyright problems.

One little thing Adobe will reject is any art that has a logo or signature on it like the lower right corner of this one,

Best wishes, JH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Joanh,

Ty very much for your answer, it was quite helpful for me, as I start to understand the principle!

My mistake, I apologize)

So, it would be far better to post images who are not final “Art” projects but more the basis for future manipulation, adaptions for agencies, graphists and the like.

Regards,

blue yguana

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines