Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Looking for reason why images are rejected

Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2017 Dec 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am fairly new to photography and to adobe stock. I know my pictures are not necessarily award quality, but I just recently submitted close to 350 images and only 7 have been accepted. What surprised me that those 7 accepted are actually less clear and sharp then most of the rejected images.

I have attached a few of the rejected images. One of them is a buck and when you zoom in you can see the individual hair on his chin and the image is rejected for noise.

I have the feeling that the selection process is not very objective and almost think that as a newbie you have pretty much no chance to get any of your images on stock. In my opinion this is borderline discriminatory. I have two friends who are professional photographers and they looked at my pictures and could also see no reason why they have been rejected by adobe. Of course when you try to speak to somebody at Adobe, they tell you there is not customer support for Adobe Stock. Hmmm...

So here are my images:

20171110_133922.JPG - Google Drive

20171110_140620.JPG - Google Drive

20171110_130526.JPG - Google Drive

Any help would be appreciated.—Thanks and God bless

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , Apr 01, 2018 Apr 01, 2018

How about just letting this long and interconnected chat go for now. Too many different questions, photos, and rejections to make sense to a newcomer. Let's just close this one out and start with a new question.

Please, try not to post more than three photos at a time with questions. That will get a few blanket replies, our best work is on clear questions about a few rejected pieces. The replies will be better, Best,

JH

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2017 Dec 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the encouragement.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2017 Dec 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Charlie As an apology for hijacking your post and the consequential perhaps unhelpful chat that's now happening against your valid question , I give you this

https://petapixel.com/2017/07/05/want-sell-stock-photos-heres-comparison-major-services/

I hope helpful. Enjoy your photography, it's there for enjoyment and I wish you all the best

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 22, 2017 Dec 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problem Amani... 

Merry Christmas to all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amani A - impressive you can sell images on SS after so short a period and so few uploads - Congrats!

By the way - it's much more difficult to get images accepted here on Adobe than on SS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amani - I'm not representing Adobe. But I think that only the one with the venetian mask will be approved - if it not in a strange way is rejected by infringement reasons ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure, i understand you don't represent Adobe. I appreciate your opinion. And your help. It's objective and helpful. The venetian mask is my best seller on SS, a lot of downloads worldwide : ))) But it's a mass produced product so no copyright or IP, I checked. But they rejected it for attifacts/noise? Not infringement

the others images you think too much distortion, pixelation, lack of focus? and if so in which parts?  As I said all feedback helpful I'm not going to be upset. And I appreciate your time

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are welcome …

The rose - I don’t like it is dying …

The mongoose - I don’t like the yellow stripe at left, much better image if you crop the animal close.

Paste - the colors are too dull

The bird is too dark - lighten it up both bird and sky - but then again, there are millions of bird/animal images ..!

The Marmoset is ok - but I think it’s too dark and I would like some space to the right instead of the left. But I think it might be accepted.

Just my opinions

Good luck, pal …

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

– and Amani - (just for the record - if you have got a best seller - DON'T tell anybody in the forums ..!!!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hahaha, so you teach me forum members not trustworthy either, hahahaha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ha Ha Ha Ha .... if some one wants to copy ... has to go to zoo and or forest search a Mongoose and ask it to sit down calmly to have a nice shot. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ha ha ha, Sohn. "The venetian mask is my best seller on SS, a lot of downloads worldwide". You don't have to travel to Venice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guessed it right it is different of all and uncommon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jun 30, 2018 Jun 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All, It is time to start a new post. Let this one go. It has gotten too long and involved in too many different people and questions. If you let us start a new one, let's keep it to the same subject. Thanks, everyone. Regards, JH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines