Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

model release inquiry

Community Beginner ,
May 01, 2024 May 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gmos_0-1714624077276.png

How do I get model releases for people who can't be id'ed? 

Adobe gave an example of a image that doesn't require a release, and it's an image  of a woman's face: where her eyes and forehead are hidden in like a 'milk' bath, exposing just like nose and mouth with red lipstick on in a opened position.  I feel that person could be id'ed faster then my shadow people. 

TOPICS
Contributors , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 01, 2024 May 01, 2024

Your image is too small for us to review. Be carefull with silohuettes. Often if someone just increases the exposure details can be seen which might require a model release.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was your image in question refused based on requiring a model release? If it was, there's no way to appeal the moderator's decision.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 02, 2024 May 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is correct. Someone's reply said that exposure settings could expose faces, so maybe that's the issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can test that. When I have silhouettes in pictures, they are far away, if the picture your posted is the whole composition, chances are that with little effort, you can make the faces visible.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your image is too small for us to review. Be carefull with silohuettes. Often if someone just increases the exposure details can be seen which might require a model release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Best reply so far. I will test that out on jpeg vs and raw.  Thank you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 03, 2024 May 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could be right! Although still hard to make her face, exposure settings still has revealed more details.

Gmos_0-1714743263455.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No model release is needed for this face. (Please note: the moderator may still ask for a release.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Then it's them just being uber sensitive. Because that's the closest face that you can make anything out on.

It's good to know that I may not need a release for such an image.. I will try on other stock sites. 

Thanks again for your input!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The guideline is that if a person could recognize themselves in an image, you need a model release. So, even an image taken of the back of a person could require a model release if there is something distinctive about the shape, clothing, hat, etc. I submitted an image of a nun seated on a bench outside a monastery, with her face hidden, completely covered almost head to toe in a black habit, and they wanted a model release. 

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your feedback and experiences!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your cutout here does not need a model release, and if you get asked for one, it's by error. But as you did probably not show the complete picture, I can't be sure that there is not a different issue with your asset. What was the correct refusal reason given to you?

As others pointed out, you can't dispute refusals, but you may well submit the assets again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your feedback! The rest of the image is just another couple even further back. Someone else replied that exposure settings could be changed to reveal faces. Which is possible I guess. I plan to check that out.  It said I needed model releases. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I prefer copy past of the refusal title. Sometimes people paraphrase and don't get it right. 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make it habit to carry model & property release forms with you.  It's better to collect a signed release form that you may not use than not have one when you do.  Nobody can penalize you for being thorough.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are a number of model release apps for cell phones if something like that would be helpful for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines