• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

my photos were rejected for technical reasons, I'd like feedback about why. Can you give me feedback

New Here ,
Jul 22, 2020 Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my photos were rejected for technical reasons, I'd like feedback about why. Can you give me feedback? One photo that IS out of focis and abstract was accepted but clear cut images were rejected. Can you give me feedbck on each rejected photo so I know how to move forward? Thank you.

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jul 22, 2020 Jul 22, 2020

First: Overexposed, bad framing, noise  - even without looking at it in detail.

Second: bad framing, noise, artefacts (probably small sensor like phone sensor)

Third: Artefacts, noise, bad framing, probably overexposed, low contrast.

I'll stop there.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Hello,

You do have a few photos here! Overall, my first impression, is bad composition - in all of the photos, unfortunately.

So, my advice is to think a bit more carefully about your composition and lighting- because the lighting is rather bad as well.

Have a read of this from Adobe about how to create better photos.
https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/how-to/tips-stock-image-acceptance.html?set=stock--fundamentals--adobe-stock-contributor

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jul 26, 2020 Jul 26, 2020

Hi Michel,

In a photo editor, or photo viewer, zoom your file to 100%. Check the edges to see if they are sharp then. Images that are not sharp at that magnification will not work.

For those that are sharp, example the last image, check for noise/grains, and artificial color spots, and also color fringing at the edges. All the images I look at have noise/grains, both grey luminance noise and colored chromatic noise.

Look closely at the images for color cast. The second image, for example, has bl

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 22, 2020 Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First: Overexposed, bad framing, noise  - even without looking at it in detail.

Second: bad framing, noise, artefacts (probably small sensor like phone sensor)

Third: Artefacts, noise, bad framing, probably overexposed, low contrast.

I'll stop there.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

You do have a few photos here! Overall, my first impression, is bad composition - in all of the photos, unfortunately.

So, my advice is to think a bit more carefully about your composition and lighting- because the lighting is rather bad as well.

Have a read of this from Adobe about how to create better photos.
https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/how-to/tips-stock-image-acceptance.html?set=stock--fundamentals--adobe...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 26, 2020 Jul 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Michel,

In a photo editor, or photo viewer, zoom your file to 100%. Check the edges to see if they are sharp then. Images that are not sharp at that magnification will not work.

For those that are sharp, example the last image, check for noise/grains, and artificial color spots, and also color fringing at the edges. All the images I look at have noise/grains, both grey luminance noise and colored chromatic noise.

Look closely at the images for color cast. The second image, for example, has blue color cast. 

Check if your images are looking flat or vibrant. All the images I look at need to be warmer. They are not vibrant. 

Check for details. Those that details are lost when zoomed will not work. Your images need to have clear contrast.

Issues such as noise/grain, chromatic issues,  and temperature issues can be corrected. The others cannot work.

In addition, your cropping is not good. That you need to improve on.

Best wishes

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines