• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New contributor - what is "noncompliant" about this type of image?

Explorer ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you all give me an idea of what is "noncompliant" about this type of image, categorized as an illustration because it is a digitally manipulated photo, with the title "Abstracted landscape illustration featuring a road winding through green hills."

Thanks in advance for your insight.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you include a property release? All illustrations must have one signed by the illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Personally, I think the borders may be a problem.  Also I would expect an illustration to be a high quality vector graphic (AI or SVG format) instead of JPG.  See link below for more on vector submission guidelines. It's a little different than photographs.

https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/vector-requirements.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Nancy. I appreciate your response. 

I categorized this as an illustration because it began as a photo but was digitally manipulated into an abstract. That's why it is still a .jpg.

Do you have more thoughts on this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nancy for the win. That gray border is a deal breaker and will result in a non-compliant rejection every time. It is however, perfectly acceptable to submit illustrations in jpg format (as long as you haven't also submitted the same image in vector format separately).

-Mat 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Mat. That information is very helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Mat, I have a follow-up question.

You say, "It is however, perfectly acceptable tosubmit illustrations in jpg format (as long as you haven't also submitted the same image in vector format separately)."

What do I do in the situations where I have a .jpg version of an illustration as well as the .svg vector file? 

What if I have submitted .jpgs and had them accepted, and then want to add the .svg version later?

Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines