• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New to Photography and looking for helpful feedback

Community Beginner ,
Apr 01, 2024 Apr 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am pretty new for trying to sell photos. My interests is more flat lay and similar pictures like that because that is the direction I want to go. Attached is some of my work that is not getting accepted. I am really trying to be authentic with what I have taken pictures of. Any critiques and advice would be appreciative.

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Apr 01, 2024 Apr 01, 2024

Great Stock images begin with proper lighting, focus, and neutral white-balance.  Yours are under lit, out of focus and too pink.  Digital photos always require some adjustment in Photoshop or Lightroom. It comes with the territory. The Contributor's job is to make sure the images are ready for commercial use before you submit.  See your Contributor User Guide for more tips.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Apr 01, 2024 Apr 01, 2024

Hi @andreab69476624 ,

The first file has noise grain, color fringing and white balance issue. If you zoom in at between 100 and 200% and inspect it thoroughly you will will see that the white is not white, but with a light blue and around the edge of the egg at the extreme left has a blue edge.

The geometry of the second file is not correct. The class should be upright. That file also is noisy - both luminance and chromatic noise.

jacquelingphoto2017_0-1712025753296.png

The third file is also noisy and not sharp.

jacquelingphoto2017_1-1712025935340.png

The fourth file

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

20240326014026_IMG needs to be straightened. I'm not even sure what the last one is. 🙂 In general, all of them  lack contrast and are slightly underexposed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great Stock images begin with proper lighting, focus, and neutral white-balance.  Yours are under lit, out of focus and too pink.  Digital photos always require some adjustment in Photoshop or Lightroom. It comes with the territory. The Contributor's job is to make sure the images are ready for commercial use before you submit.  See your Contributor User Guide for more tips.

Adobe Stock is a global company. Non-english speaking customers don't need signs in English.  In fact, you will reach more customers without the text.  If needed, customers can add their own text after purchase.

Hope that helps.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2024 Apr 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! Worth reading! Thank you for compiling this for me and the community!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

_dd40054d-9b95-4dbc-bf83-e7970acfbe66-transformed.jpeg - Very blurry and noisy - what is it? You need to use a tripod to shoot items on a flat-lay since the depth of field is probably quite shallow. You'll also need better lighting.

20240327044751_IMG_2222.JPG - blurry, noisy, not well lit, depth of field is too shallow

Additionally, try to think like a Buyer; how would a Buyer use each of these images. Often flat lays (and not all of these are actually flat lays) are used as a background that has room for text. 

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @andreab69476624 ,

The first file has noise grain, color fringing and white balance issue. If you zoom in at between 100 and 200% and inspect it thoroughly you will will see that the white is not white, but with a light blue and around the edge of the egg at the extreme left has a blue edge.

The geometry of the second file is not correct. The class should be upright. That file also is noisy - both luminance and chromatic noise.

jacquelingphoto2017_0-1712025753296.png

The third file is also noisy and not sharp.

jacquelingphoto2017_1-1712025935340.png

The fourth file is underexposed and also with luminance and chromatic noise.

The fifth is with excessive chromatic noise.

jacquelingphoto2017_2-1712026146820.png

At this link you will find tips that will help you create better photos for Adobe Stock.

Here are some additional tips from the 23 points list at this link that will hep you improve your submission.

Best wishes

Jacquelin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2024 Apr 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! The articles are really helpful too. I have a better grasp now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 11, 2024 Apr 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are welcome @andreab69476624 

Best wishes

Jacquelin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm sorry to say that your lighting is pretty bad! I dare say you didn't use any additional lighting, but natural light? For these kinds of shots, you need studio lighting and reflectors. Your lighting is very flat.

If you want to continue in this direction, read about using indoor lighting.

I think you also need to have a different kind of background. The pattern of the surface, not only gives a bad colour cast but also interferes with your subject.

This guide may help:

Diffused light photography | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines