• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Non-compliant content

Community Beginner ,
Jan 27, 2019 Jan 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just had a number of photographs declined due to 'Non-compliant content'.  Among them was this pic of a Hereford Cow

The puzzling thing for me is the pic of a Hereford Calf (below) was submitted at the same time and was approved.  The keyword tags were almost identical, so I am baffled as to why one was accepted and the other declined.  Any ideas?

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 27, 2019 Jan 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What about the keywords?

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2019 Jan 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Keywords were virtually identical in the two photos yet one was accepted and the other declined. AS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 29, 2019 Jan 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/eCLICKtique+Photography  wrote

Keywords were virtually identical in the two photos yet one was accepted and the other declined. AS

You should not tend to take the acceptance of one picture as a general stand for acceptance of the other picture. As moderation is done by humans, 2 moderators may decide differently.

There are also a lot of possibilities this can go wrong:

• A moderator makes a mistake and chooses the wrong rejection reason.
  • A moderator makes a mistake and accepts what needs to be refused.
  • A moderator makes a mistake and refuses what needs to be accepted.
  • You make a mistake and add the wrong or misleading keywords.
  • You make a mistake and add the wrong or misleading title.
  • You just did not edit out all ids.
  • There is still a tiny logo somewhere on the picture.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi eCLICKtique Photography, Perhaps this photo is NonCompliant by identification of the property and owner via the ear tag. The animal in the photo has unique coloring also and could identify this one animal. It appears that you rubbed out the numbers on the tag. However, the reviewer might think the placement and double tags are part of the identification too. At cattle auctions, the owners can identify their stock from a long distance not just by numbers. Love the photos. Can you block out the tags? Or, get a model release? Best regards, JH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Joan,  yes I could understand that  if it wasn't for the fact that the cow and the calf were photographed at the same time and had similar ear-tags. As you say, I removed the numbers from the tags and I gave the photos very similar keywords yet one was accepted and the other wasn't. I hope it doesn't come down to identifying individual animals otherwise photographers soon wont be able to photograph anything without the permission of owners! It would be helpful if the Adobe panel could just give a bit more info sometimes, then contributors could learn from their mistakes.  I still have no idea what was wrong with this and another four photos they declined so I could well make the same mistakes again. Thanks for your response anyway.  Regards. Alan (eCLICKtique photography)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/eCLICKtique+Photography  wrote

I hope it doesn't come down to identifying individual animals otherwise photographers soon wont be able to photograph anything without the permission of owners!

No, that's not the case. I have plenty of pictures in my portfolio, where the owner, in occurrence mostly me, can identify the location, the subject and the object. It's not that you (owner) is able to identify, but it's more if someone else can identify the subject.

BTW: you are not allowed to photograph anything without the approval of the owner.

And in addition: the rules here are Adobe's rules, very similar to other stock providers but not exactly the same. And those rules are floating. What is true today could be wrong tomorrow. Adobe needs to comply to all the laws in all the countries where Adobe stock is operated. That is what makes it so complicated and restrictive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think the ear tags are an issue as you have taken out the numbers. However, if it were me I would remove the ear tags altogether.

It is hard to say what the issue is when it comes to non-compliance - esp. from our end as fellow contributers. Usually it's keywords -

Perhaps MatHayward​ could help here.

Reasons content is rejected at Adobe Stock

Have you read the conributer agreement?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ricky, I'm beginning to think it must be keywords, though I cant think what.  Thanks for the advice about Mat Haywood, I'll give him a try

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look at the keywords and/or post them here. I would not assume that Hereford is a protected name. But it may well be...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hereford is surely not protected but a reviewer could easily mistake it.

Or it could be something completely different.

I have images of cattle approved, appart from the ear tags, there was never a problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's correct. I got once (not with Adobe) coke refused... as with coking coal, not the black sugary drink...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I've got other pictures of cattle approved, thats why I was surprised about this one.  All helpful stuff.  Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Getting a picture approved does not guarantee to get exactly the same picture again approved (after deletion of the first one...). That's the human factor and the changing rules.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you use the race "herford" as a keyword?

I would try to resubmit. Maybe without the race.

On the other hand a poodle is a poodle and not just A dog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines