Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Out of focus..

New Here ,
Mar 21, 2018 Mar 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I recently took this on a birding photography shoot.. it got rejected because it was 'out of focus'..   I can only assume they are talking about the wings which are blurred.. however as a bird photographer I actually prefer this asthetically..FB_IMG_1520726974989.jpg

It really doesn't encourage me to upload more bird photography.. perhaps I am being too critical..?

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Mar 21, 2018 Mar 21, 2018

Hi,

nice shot, I agree.

But it seems that unfortunately nothing is sharply depicted in the picture. I think if at least the head of the bird were sharply focused, it would certainly have been assumed.

Don't get discouraged and just pay more attention to the technical requirements of the agency, then you will be fine.

A good source of information is here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/user-guide.html

Greets,

v.poth

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice photo of a great bird, however, the blur of the wings suggest motion but the only place not blurred is the small circle around the central face of the bird. Now, the question is -  preferences. You prefer this photo this way because of your love of the shot. A bit of Good Luck! Adobe prefers what the buyer has taught them they want - "crisp, clear edges through the submitted work." Everyone has preferences. Your decision how you want to go. I think you might sell this to birders books or nature magazines. Best regards, JH 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TY both appreciate the feedback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

nice shot, I agree.

But it seems that unfortunately nothing is sharply depicted in the picture. I think if at least the head of the bird were sharply focused, it would certainly have been assumed.

Don't get discouraged and just pay more attention to the technical requirements of the agency, then you will be fine.

A good source of information is here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/user-guide.html

Greets,

v.poth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe do look quite carefully at the image, and if it is out of focus just a little bit they will reject it.

If you blow this a bit, you can see the eyes (but not only) are not quite sharp.

untitled.png

You really need to examine your photo before uploading and look carefully at the most important part of the picture - in this case the head. The wings being blurred I think is ok, as it is connected with motion, but the face isn't!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines