Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Over or Underexposure?

New Here ,
Jul 22, 2017 Jul 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I just had my first couple of images rejected for over/underexposure issues. Somehow I cant see a serious problem with the attached picture. Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Keith

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's to small to really have a good look at it, but I would guess the buildings in the bottom (particularly the left side) might be under a bit. It does seem quite dark. But, again, this is a tiny little thumbnail, so it's hard to tell.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, well here is the full size image. They did not specify whether it is over or under exposed.

IMG_6079.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see any exposure problems there.

Maybe they hit the wrong button and it's supposed to be something else. The only issues I can think of are intellectual property violations with the architecture (some high-rises have rules against selling images of their buildings).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 24, 2017 Jul 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, perhaps one could argue the photo is a bit flat, so maybe bring some brightness into it. To me, overall it looks a little underexposed, so you could increase the exposure just a little bit, make the picture a bit brighter and try submitting again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 02, 2017 Aug 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Personally what I would do is isolate the buildings from the sky, brighten and up the contrast on the buildings a little. Too much and it'll look weird. Then inverse the selection and reduce the exposure on the sky just enough to bring back a little more texture in the clouds. Happens to me a lot, the sky is too bright and I lose contrast / detail in the darker areas.

Love the photo though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines