• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photo Abstract Gets 'Image Out Of Focus Rejection'

Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2017 May 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I am wondering if there is something else I should have done (different way of submitting, turning in as Art instead of Photo, whatever) when I submitted this image to prevent it being rejected for an 'out of focus' issue.

LR4_V2_ARGB_IMG_1076_small.jpg

It is marked as an abstract (both in the title and via keywords) so I thought that should have been enough. I actually selected this image as a good candidate after watching some Adobe sponsored training on what types of images sell well. The presenter of that training indicated that images with an area to post content, and images with bright colors seem to have good sales records. Additionally, in searching on Adobe Stock for accepted images that are similar, it would also seem like my image is similar to a number of these, at least as far as focus goes:

https://stock.adobe.com/search?filters%5Bcontent_type%3Aphoto%5D=1&filters%5Bcontent_type%3Aillustra...

So I am wondering how they might have been considered as having acceptable focus. I understand that not all images are accepted, and I could potentially understand a rejection if based on another criteria, but in this case I find this a bit confusing. Anyone have any advice/insights?

Thanks bunches,

ML

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2017 May 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps as an abstract it is still too easy to identify the physical subject and not the idea to the point that aesthetically it becomes a distraction. I suspect this might be a case of too identifiable. These types of photos are tough calls.  In high art think abstract as a novel concept or viewpoint and different than "blur" or "obscuring".. Monet with his blur was "impressionist" - but not technically abstract. I have seen many crisp/clean abstract photos. How about a crisp photo of leaves in mid-air with all of the trees sliding away in the background as though the trees were falling from the leaves -not the other way around?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 26, 2017 May 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is interesting - I had not thought of that. Perhaps you are correct. Thanks for the reply!

ML

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 01, 2017 Jun 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I looked at categories of a few of the photos from the link you included: Blur... Motion... Fall... Other... Graphic Resources.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines