• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photo rejected.

Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys! I am a young author and a few days ago I uploaded my first photo. 
Photo was rejected, reason:
unfortunately, during the review, we received one or more technical problems.
Can you look at my photo and give advice where the error is.
And one more question. I have 9 more photos under review and yesterday I saw them in my profile in the "in review" but today these photos are missing.
They are not "in review" and they are not in "not accepted". Is this a site error or is it supposed to be?
Please help)

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

Hi T-Jane,

It's a great picture and I hope you have the raw file of that shoot. There is some noise (sorry, but if you look the sky, you will see it and I have also seen it in the ice...) That needs to get corrected.

Also, there are no blacks, and I think adding some local contrast (texture in Lightroom and ACR) will bring up more structure. And I could think about lowering the whites a bit. Look at the histogram. That will give a nice clue about what is missing.

And then you need to corre

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the picture of? It seems to have no detail. Adobe are looking for work of the highest commercial standard and sale potential. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you see my photo? I have uploaded a picture under my question. I read the requirements for photographs. My picture has 6 megapixels, no noise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I saw your picture. What is it? It's very white, with no detail. Yes, lots of pixels, but Adobe do more than counting pixels, they look for photos they can make money with. So I don't understand what it is a picture of. Ice? Cauliflower? What commercial use do you see for your picture - what would it be good to advertise?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I understand that Adobe does more than counts pixels)) But the reason for the refusal says "we found some technical errors." That is why I asked. I try to understand where is technical errors. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, during our review we found that it contains one or more technical issues, so we can't accept it into our collection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi T-Jane,

It's a great picture and I hope you have the raw file of that shoot. There is some noise (sorry, but if you look the sky, you will see it and I have also seen it in the ice...) That needs to get corrected.

Also, there are no blacks, and I think adding some local contrast (texture in Lightroom and ACR) will bring up more structure. And I could think about lowering the whites a bit. Look at the histogram. That will give a nice clue about what is missing.

And then you need to correct some lens or sensor dust (cloud in my screenshot). Additionally, you need to correct a lens/sensor flaw at the border of the white ice and the blue sky (arrow).

Abambo_0-1615301460397.png

Always check your pictures at 100% and/or 200% size. You will see more flaws than you like...

If you are new to stock, you should consider these resources: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/tutorials.html
Please read the contributor user manual for more information on Adobe stock contributions: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/user-guide.html
See here for rejection reasons: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/reasons-for-content-rejection.html
and especially quality and technical issues: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/quality-and-technical-issues.html

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @T-Jane ,

This is beautiful. I hope you have a landscape shot of this. It should make a good background. Make the adjustments @Abambo suggested and you should be good to go.

Regards

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines