• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photos are disapproved because they look too similar, but that is not the case

New Here ,
Aug 10, 2018 Aug 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I take pictures of flowers, plants and trees. In the title and the keywords I use the English name and the scientific name.

Although photographs of different trees may resemble each other in terms of shape, the title and key words clearly indicate that they are different types of trees and thus images.

There is a great demand for photos of this kind, and editors always need the photo appropriate to the type of tree for a catalog or article.

I would like to see a more professional approach when assessing photographs of trees and tree species and plants and flowers

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 17, 2018 Dec 17, 2018

Hi Henk

First I will ask you to open your rejection notice that comes with the image in question, and follow as you read through this post.

Submission rejected for similar is not based on adobe stock, but based on what you upload – all of what you upload, apparently even those that were rejected for other reasons. Also it would appear, the system adobe uses “flag” the image that it recognizes another of.  It is then left to the moderator to check and decide if that image should be approved or reje

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently there are nearly 9 million images in the collection with the keyword "tree" and a comparable number for "plant."  Over 8 million images with "flower."

That being said, you are absolutely correct, there is a big demand for content with this subject matter. The issue is that there is an abundant supply of excellent images already in the collection. For common subjects such as trees and flowers we will still accept them but there must be a serious "WOW" factor to have a legitimate chance at success.

Our moderation team is looking at a high volume of images with an extraordinarily wide range of subject matter. They won't necessarily be looking at the scientific name in an effort to compare what is in the collection of the exact same species. They are looking at the overall aesthetic appeal and the potential for success at stock.

I wish you the best of luck with your uploads!

Mat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder two things!

1- Have you read my post correctly?

2- Do you know that these photos were not rejected because they already appear in your collection more often, but because they would appear specifically in my collection?

For the sake of clarity, the text below that is placed with the rejected photos!

Thank you for giving us the chance to rate your image. However, during our audit, we have determined that it is similar to one or more other images that you have already uploaded. Therefore we can not include this image in our collection.

In my plants pictures, trees are also plants, I always put the unique scientific latin name of the plant in question.

Connoisseurs do not search for English, German or any name in any language, but always for specific scientific Latin names.

That makes a big difference!

I have entered several scientific plant names in your search option. Guess, in most cases, you got to see everything except the specific plant I was looking for. Even buildings!

If this rigid attitude is maintained when inspecting plant photos, I will stop uploading plant pictures.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 11, 2018 Aug 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, there is not flexibility in the rejection reasons we provide. The moderation team is required to select one of several pre-written rejection reasons. The similar file rejection reason is often selected when an image features a subject that we have an overabundant supply of. Examples include sunsets, landscapes, common house pets and flowers.

-Mat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 12, 2018 Aug 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you look at how all stock image suppliers (not only Adobe stock) are organized, you will find that the examinator has very little time to look at each image. And he or she does not have the time to provide a full critical appreciation of your picture. Unfortunately this is true for all of them. If you have great plant images you got refused, post them here for the appreciation of the community.

If the community finds it is a great image we can alltimes ask Adobe and especially MatHayward​ what to do with that.

I want to point out, that you will have the same or similar difficulties with other providers. Some of pictures accepted here got refused by other providers and vice versa.

PS: Unfortunately this is not a scientific database of plant pictures. Most of the customers are interested in trees flower and good looking men and women. I do not know where I would turn to get plant images if I’m looking for a specific plant, but for sure I would not choose an image banck like this one or one of its competitors...

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 12, 2018 Aug 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the flowers! because Adobe Stock accepted a majority of my flower and plants images.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 17, 2018 Dec 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Henk

First I will ask you to open your rejection notice that comes with the image in question, and follow as you read through this post.

Submission rejected for similar is not based on adobe stock, but based on what you upload – all of what you upload, apparently even those that were rejected for other reasons. Also it would appear, the system adobe uses “flag” the image that it recognizes another of.  It is then left to the moderator to check and decide if that image should be approved or reject. Therefore it is very important to do all you can to make sure that your images are “flawless before uploading” to avoid the disappointment of the software recognizing that you upload another like it, make the necessary correction to re-upload that which was rejected – hopefully that works to your advantage.

Another thing that is taken in consideration is color – “We can’t accept more than three color variations of the same image or similar images…”. If you always upload all green trees, then after three uploads it is quite likely you’ll start getting similarity rejections. Therefore, I’d suggest you find variables to upload with your tree images – fruits, animal, bird, whatever that would make the apple tree having significant difference from the pear tree, if I should use that as an example – “Image must be different enough to provide additional value to our customers”. Therefore there must be significant difference. What I understand from that is that you can upload all the trees in the world if all the images with trees looks significantly different. Try to do that and see how many trees you can upload.

If you read through all the rejection notice, you’ll see it does not just apply to trees, flowers, pets, and so on that are common; it applies to everything even the rarest of images that you upload more than three of the same and each do not have significant difference.

I hope you find this helpful. And please avoid re-uploading images without correction, or images rejected for similar.

Also continue to tag your images with scientific names. Additionally, common names are also important.

Regards

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines