• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Picture rejected

Community Beginner ,
May 07, 2021 May 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello my picture of a brown bear (file-ID: 431381634) was rejected due to technical issues. Can you tell me details?

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 08, 2021 May 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The photographers in this forum are often able to give good advice - but they don't work for Adobe and can't see your submissions. So please share the picture, in original resolution  (not reprocessed or shrunk).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, sorry....
Here is the original photo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Bilderbastler ,

The subject is under exposed, and also has a white-balance issue. The shadow areas have no detail, and there seem to be a blue cast identifiable on the paws. The framing also lack warmth.

jacquelingphoto2017_0-1620477103681.png

Best wishes

JG

Photographer and Nutrition Author

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@jacquelingphoto2017 
Thank you for your detailed reply!! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are welcome @Bilderbastler .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Bilderbastler,

WOW, great shot!  But I hope you used a big telephoto lens at a safe distance.  That's not something I'd like to encounter on a nature walk.  😉

That said, the rear claws have a shiny, almost metallic finish to them.  You might want to soften that a bit.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Nancy OShea 

Thnak you for your comment. I've decided to use a different version of the picture. I hope you like it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 09, 2021 May 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Bilderbastler ,

Please take note of the do and don'ts for editing photos for submission at https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/user-guide.html/stock/contributor/help/editing-dos-and-don... .

Best wishes

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Grayscale images don't sell.  Adobe Stock customers want full color.  If needed, customers can filter colors on their own in Photoshop.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Bilderbastler ,

I'm ACP Jacquelin, a forum volunteer. Unlike staff members we do not have access to your account hence cannot assist with issues regarding your rejected files except you upload a copy of the original here. Please note that staff members scarcely monitor the forums and are identifiable by the Adobe logo.

Best wishes

JG

Photographer and Nutrition Author

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have sold several hundret animal photos and have the following suggestions for your photo:
The photo has way to much orange color. Reduce the Orange in lightrooms HSL tool. Add sharpening to the details. This brings out the eyes and fur. The background is over exposed so darken these areas.
Here is an example:

1-2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@RALPH_L 

Hello Ralph, thanks for your impressive example how my photo could be...
I do not use Lightroom but I will try it with my tools to get a better result. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DxO produces similar results.

Look at the eye. The eye needs to be crisp sharp and I think that may be the problem with this picture. I see the sharpness more on the claws. As for the rest get your white balance correct and the picture is great. 

Especially: don't use filters that excessively work your picture. We are not here on a photocontest, but should produce naturally looking pictures that others can edit as they wish. 

I think that the picture will pass with little tweaks...

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines